Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there any import procedure to convert strategies from NT7 to NT8 automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any import procedure to convert strategies from NT7 to NT8 automatically?

Maybe a naive question but NT8 seems pretty advanced. I'm aware that NT8 has made several Code Breaking Changes which affects strategies from NT7. So, I was wondering, will there be some way that if I had some strategy from NT7 compiled to DLL, could I import it into NT8 in order to develop better changes...etc ?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

There is no way to import a script compiled for NinjaTrader 7 into NinjaTrader 8; converting a script from NT7 to NT8 is a manual process. It is best to start by generating the script in NinjaTrader 8 with as many of the same variables, inputs, plots, etc as you can and then you may copy/paste the relevant NinjaTrader 7 logic into NinjaTrader 8 and resolve any errors that need to be cleared up. We have helpful information about converting scripts here:

With that said, since you have a compiled DLL you likely do not have access to the source code for your NinjaTrader 7 strategy. You would need to reach out to the developer to see if they have a version of the strategy for NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Emily for all the suggestions. I don't have any third-party Dll, I just have mine, only that I was thinking about how to accelerate the process to convert it to NT8.

Comment

There was NT7 to NT8 converter tool written in the early days of NT8's release,

Comment

Thanks a lot David, I'll try it. I hope it works. As you can imagine: Murphy's law. Just right now when I'm in a high rush, I had to migrate to NT8 and this script issue prevents me from working.

Thanks once again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses