Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volumetric Bar Strength Sensitivity Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bar Strength Sensitivity Inquiry

Good Afternoon NT Team,

Just had a couple questions on the strength sensitivity setting on Data Type Volumetric Bar.

1. How does the calculation for the strength sensitivity choose the gradient?

I know Delta plays a huge role but I feel I'm still missing a key part as to how the gradients are chosen. I attached a pic that shows an example on how the gradients vary. Each bar is one full eth session. Both bars are the same instrument and are cut and paste next to each other to see a cleaner comparison of the gradients. The Left Side (LS) shows how the value -828 has the same gradient of the Right Side's (RS) -438, yet RS -779 & -746 has a brighter gradient than the LS -828 and also similar to the LS -1171.

2. How many gradients of the color change as the strength sensitivity changes?

Really wish we can see the source code on this data type.
    Attached Files

Hello Don22Trader1,

Thank you for your post.

The gradient information to answer your questions is not currently exposed or described in the help guide; as such, I am unable to answer your questions. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team to request either programmatic access to this information or documentation in the help guide explaining more information about how it is calculated. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Don22Trader1,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-6052. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes