Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Playback & Market Replay Date /Time Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback & Market Replay Date /Time Selections

After several months of working with Ninjatrader Playback and Market Replay, it is proving to be a time consuming process due to the fact that every date selection or movement of the time slider bar requires a substantial period of time to wait while Ninjatrader updates stuff. Can we not have the freedom to change the start and end dates and slider settings without processing? Surely we just need the platform to do whatever it does once we press the Play button, not after each selection?

Hello mbell.irves,

Thanks for your post.

When you change the time on the Playback slider, the data on the chart processes and updates to show the bars at the time chosen on the slider. Similarly, when you change the start date/end date on Playback the new data for the dates you selected is processed to show bars on the chart. That data is then used to playback information which is used for testing.

If you would like, I could submit a feature request to the Development team for you regarding removing the data processing when changing the slider.

See this help guide page for more information about Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/playback.htm

Please let me know if you would like me to add your vote to the feature request.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 08-13-2023, 01:13 PM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brandon. Yes a feature request would be good.

I think the change required is a small one, We just need to be able to select the start and end date freely and then once we have the dates we need, click an update button to load the bars data. The slider I can see is maybe more complicated, its the date selection that is the real problem.

At the moment you have to wait for the load at least 2 times. For example if we have a start date of 1st Feb and End date of 2nd Feb. If I want to now change that to a range of 1st Aug to 2nd August, I have to change the end date to 2nd August, wait for the data to load for 1st Feb to 2nd August (which is an irrelevant date range) then I can change the start date to 1st August and wait again for the data to load for what is only now the correct period. And if I accidentally select the wrong end date then I have to wait for at least 3 sets of data to load. What is needed is the ability to select the dates first without triggering a reload and and then click an update button to refresh the data once the new start and end dates have both been selected.

regards

Comment

Hello mbell.irves,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to an existing feature request for this that the Development team is tracking interest in. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2759.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response