Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Editor location changes when clicking from one file to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor location changes when clicking from one file to another

The Ninjatrader 8 editor is a great app, but one thing annoys me: If I have two files open in it, when I click from one to another, then back to the first, the editor changes the location I was viewing to a different part of the file. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Hello gbourque,

Thanks for your post.

I have moved this forum thread from the NinjaTrader 7 General Development section of the forums to the NinjaTrader 8 (NinjaTrader Desktop) General Development section of the forums since your question is related to NinjaTrader 8.

That said, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

I am testing this on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.1.1.7) and I am not able to reproduce the behavior you are reporting. See the demonstration video below.

Demonstration Video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...4OTE0Mg​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, sorry about the bad placement. Learning as I go. I'm using 8.0.28.0 64-bit.

Comment

Hello gbourque,

Thanks for your notes.

I tested this on the NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.28.0) and I was still unable to reproduce the behavior you are reporting.

See this demonstration video showing I am not able to reproduce the behavior on 8.0.28.0: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...OF8yMTg4OTE5NQ

Please create a clean environment by following the steps below and then test to see if you are able to reproduce the behavior in the NinjaScript Editor window and report your results.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
        3. Add the required indicators and test the template.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_BrandonH and gbourque Please be reminded of the large number of faults and bugs in the current version of the Actipro Editor, which is the third-party product that is used as the NinjaTrader Editor: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...bs#post1207682 .

This ancient version is, like many other third-party components in NinjaTrader 8, waaaaay out-of-date and in serious need of upgrading.

Thanks.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

The workaround is to right-click the tab at the bottom of the editor and move one of the files to a new window.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JoMoon2024  
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa