Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop loss and take profit for orders with OIF files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Hello Bruce,

This wouldn't be something that could be accomplished with OIF files.

edited

If your application is where you are triggering actions from keypresses, the application could copy an OIF file into the incoming directory..
    Thanks for your reply Chelsea I missed it when you sent it. Just to clarify. My application is triggering a visual marker to BUY/SELL on my chart which in turn prompts me to manually press my F4/F9 keys which then places the NT ATM entry working orders based on those respective hot keys.

What I'm wondering is if its possible to write a txt output in my app to the appropriate directory in NT that will automate the F4/F9 key presses; rather than me manually hitting those respective keys on my keyboard. The only thing my application is doing is painting a marker on my chart but it is capable of sending a txt message to any directory on my computer......So is it possible to create a OIF txt message that will tell NT to activate my F4/F9 hot keys (at the same time it paints a marker on my chart) rather than me pressing them on my keyboard manually?

Thanks
    Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Unfortunately, this is not possible with OIF (Order-Instruction-Files). These are for submitting orders only.

I would recommend that you create a NinjaScript Indicator if you want to do something like this.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest  
      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
      5 responses