Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiling twice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling twice!

Last two days, every time I compile the indicator I am working on, the code compiles, pauses, compiles a second time. I tried the repair option with no effect. What is going on here?
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Are you clicking Compile from NinjaScript Editor or are you saving it from Visual Studio? There is a FileSystemWatcher that watches for changes to the files, and when it detects a change, triggers a recompile. Possibly there is something in your workflow that is changing a file somewhere when you do whatever it is you are doing when you say "every time I compile" (unless it's just pressing the compile button) triggering a recompile.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thanks for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.? or 8.1.?.?)

​If you click the compile button in the NinjaScript Editor toolbar, does the behavior occur?

If you right-click in the NinjaScript Editor and select 'Compile', does the behavior occur?

Do you have more than one NinjaScript Editor window open when you are running a compile?
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Somehow I missed the replies and thought no one answered. I normally just hit F5 to compile in the NT editor. I get two compiles. The issue stopped for awhile and now is back. After reading the replies, I experimented today. I click the compile button on the editor and it compiles once. I right click/select compile and it compiles once. I now hit F5 and get one compile. This must be what happened when I thought it was fixed, but then started compiling twice again. One editor window with multiple tabs, never a problem before even with two editor windows open. Not sure what is happening but now I will keep an eye on it for more clues. Thanks for the help.
        eDanny

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thanks for your notes.

Ensure you are updated to the latest version of NinjaTrader (8.1.1.7 or 8.0.28.0). The NinjaTrader version you are running could be found on the Control Center > Help > About window.

If you are not updated to the latest version, follow the steps below to update NinjaTrader.

To update NinjaTrader
          • Shutdown all programs including NinjaTrader *important
          • Download NinjaTrader from the link below
          • Double click the downloaded file to execute it
          • Follow the on screen instructions
          • Restart NinjaTrader
          You can read about changes to this release in the release notes linked below.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Sorry Brandon, I am running Windoze 7 and am using 8.0.27.0 64-bit right now. Still, never had this problem before and never on this version. Right now the issue is back and occurs no matter how the compile is initiated.
            eDanny

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaTrader does not support the use of Windows 7 with NinjaTrader. Further, Microsoft discontinued support for Windows 7.

You should update to a supported version of Windows to use NinjaTrader on. The supported versions of Windows are Windows 10 and Windows 11.

See the Minimum System Requirements on this help guide page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

After updating windows to a version we support, update NinjaTrader to the latest version (8.0.28.0) using the steps noted in post # 6.

Then test to see if the behavior persists and report back your results.

Comment

Yada yada Brandon, but thanks. My version of NT8 should work fine with Windows 7 and always has. I have reasons for not updating Windows right now. Only issue is the change to the new .sqlite. This is a new glitch. I now see in testing that re-compiles with no code changes, by any of the three methods, works fine. Change anything in the code and it compiles twice.
                eDanny

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thanks for your notes.

Since Windows 7 is not supported for running NinjaTrader 8 we cannot assist with this matter further until you have updated to a supported version of Windows.

Please follow the steps seen in post # 7 to update Windows and test to see if the behavior persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JoMoon2024  
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes