Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic Playback Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Playback Speed

Hi all

Have you been using the replay functionality to practice your skills and get familiar with your order executions? Well, here is the problem. If you want to spend a good portion of the night practicing, you certainly want to speed up the process of waiting. 2x, 4x or maybe 10x 20x the speed is sometimes okay but when it comes to order placement, I always slow down the speed to 1x and execute my order and then speed it up again.

I am wondering if I can write a dynamic speed control. For example, the 1st 10 sec and the last 10 sec of a bar plays at normal 1x speed and the rest of the bar plays at a user defined high speed, so that we don't have to constantly pause or rewind to the previous tick. Same for other candle stick types I guess but mostly for timely based bars. However, I don't know where to start, can someone with experience respond to this and thank you.

Hi dwrety, thanks for your question and welcome in to the forum. Unfortunately, there is no way to interface with the playback controller through a script. There may be some way of controlling it through an external C# program, but this would require unsupported code and further research into the topic of programmatically manipulating WPF controls.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi dwrety, thanks for your question and welcome in to the forum. Unfortunately, there is no way to interface with the playback controller through a script. There may be some way of controlling it through an external C# program, but this would require unsupported code and further research into the topic of programmatically manipulating WPF controls.
      I see, thank you. I hope this can be a feature in some future updates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rene69851  
      Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Fitspressorest