Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Runnin same strategy on same account and market on different fime frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runnin same strategy on same account and market on different fime frames

hi

is it possible to run same strategy on market eg es and timefra es rb 10 and rb 11? with same account?
    i faced problem when i was long on rb 10 and in different window was entry long too.
    when second entry tried to place enter long, all positions closed and strategies disabled

what is the best solution for this?

thanks for hints
    paul

Hello kujista,

While you technically can do that the strategies won't know what the other is doing so they could quickly become out of sync. Its best to combine strategies that use multiple timeframes into 1 strategy that uses all of those timeframes. That way it can keep track of its single virtual position to keep in sync with the account.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thing is that this is the exactl same strategy running different timeframes so i did not expect it to make it duplicate. so the key answer is that i cannot place entry to long on market while i am already long on the same market and account? it will always disable?

Comment

I have the same question because I have been running two different strategies on the same account, symbol (NQ), and timeframe and only one of the strategies has taken trades despite having very similar entry signals. In a backtest, the strategy that didn't trigger shows it would have done 5 trades, but I don't see any errors/warnings in the logs. Is there anywhere else to check to see if one strategy is pre-empting the other and/or is it known if this is not viable - IE: one will take priority and the other won't trade?

Comment

Hello kujista,

It doesn't matter if its the same strategy, they won't know what the other is doing so they can end up doing conflicting actions. If one tries to close a position that would end up disabling the other strategy. If you manually try to close a position that would also disable the strategy.

If you need multiple timeframes you should consolidate that into 1 strategy that uses multiple timeframes.

Hello garth,

There is nothing that would log what two seperate strategies are doing that may be conflicting, you would have to add prints to your code to see what its doing. As mentioned above running two strategies at once on the same instrument is not suggested because they will not know what the other is doing and will likely conflict. You should consolidate the code into 1 strategy so it has all of the details to work correctly.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, Jesse! I started running the two separate strategies in one unified strategy this week and that has worked quite well thus far. I do have to manage entries per direction internally because each strategy has a different setting there, but otherwise it has been pretty straightforward.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes