Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

[BUG?] "Andrew Pitchfork" drawing tool loses and regains position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello rafaelcoisa,

Please feel free to make a custom tool if you would like to customize the code. As the code is now the lines you mentioned are needed in OnRender for the code following those lines so that would cause an error if you moved them.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know, calculating points in OnRender produces the bug I'm trying to solve.​

Comment

Hello rafaelcoisa,

Your previous details about a bug are too vague and I was not able to see what you are explaining. If you feel there is a problem you will either need to make a better example that shows what the problem is so we can report it or you can make your own adjustments to the code to accomplish the goal you wanted.

Calculating in OnRender is how all of the drawing tools work so I am not certain what you mean by that produces a bug. There is no other location where a drawing object would be able to calculate what it displays. The code you mentioned uses the chartControl chartScale and chartPanel so that when the values are calculated it can be displayed. That type of code would have to be in OnRender to be able to work.

Comment

I think that what I have provided is enough.​

Comment

Hello rafaelcoisa,

Unfortunately what you provided was not helpful in describing the problem. I was not able to see a problem with the video or image you have already given which is why I have in a few posts asked for a better description. At this point I don't have anything that I can report.

If you feel that you can make a better explanation of the problem feel free to post that anytime in the future to re open the case. You can otherwise make a copy of the drawing tool and make changes to the code as needed to make the tool work the way that you wanted.

Comment

Usually an image and guidelines for reproduction is sufficient.​

Comment

Hello rafaelcoisa,

Yes that would be sufficient if I know what the problem with the image is. Your numbers in the image did not have any explanation along with it, I don't know what you are trying to describe in that image. There is not an obvious problem in the image so a more specific description to go along with that is necessary.

I previously asked if you could take an image of what it looks like when its not having a problem and then also another image of when it is having a problem so we can make a comparison that highlights the problem. Along with that I would need a description of which part of the image is the problem so I know what I need to look into.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by casabella, Today, 04:12 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post casabella  
                Started by Ludwik, Today, 03:52 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes