Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to debug NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to debug NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

I'm getting the error "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. "
    This triggers when NinjaTrader is using Playback Connection, Market Replay, and GOTO is used on the playback head location, or an Indicator is configured and the chart needs to loading tick replay.

But the Log file and Trace files do not give enough detail about WHICH BarsType, or which chart is throwing this error.

Is there some method to start Ninjatrader using a command line switch to enable verbose logging mode, which would include these types of details?

I also put a Print statement in the State of Terminated in the BarType file, but it prints 7 lines all at the same time, when a connection to the playback is opened.
    7 times? Why?

Hello balltrader,

Are you able to see that happening with a specific set of steps? If so can you provide that so I can see if that happens on my end?

There is not a way to add more verbose logging to internal methods so we would need to collect the steps or related code to know if that would be expected or something we need to report. There are some cases which can cause that error from multi threading or also rendering.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just discovered that when I move the mouse cursor into the chart which contains this BarType, it causes the State.Terminated to fire, which I assume it means that has something to do with rendering the hollow candlesticks when the mouse is moved, (no indicators in this window) and sort of explains why it wrote 7 lines in the output window.

Comment

I have not write out the exact steps I do to get this error to trigger. I will investigate using a screen recorder so I can recall what was done, and then reply. It might take a few days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Creamers