Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating a custom ATM strategy that can be selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a custom ATM strategy that can be selected

Hello, this might have been asked a million times but I am having trouble figuring out where to start despite searching the forums. I am running a 3rd party strategy and am using the template ATM strategy in chart trader to create an ATM strategy. I would like to create a custom ATM strategy that has a profit trail and complicated stop trail and etc, which are not part of the ATM template.

Can someone let me know here to start to do this? I need it to show up in the ATM strategy dropdown so I can select it for my 3rd party strategy? Much Thx

Unfortunately, you can't add features to ATMs using NinjaScript. They are what they are (which is not bad). They do have targets and various approaches to trailing and scaling out. But, you can't arbitrarily make an ATM that, let's say, exits the final portion when RSI is over 80 - that is not possible with the present architecture.

What you could do, though, is you could make a NinjaScript STRATEGY or INDICATOR (not an ATM per see) that starts some ATM, which does what it does, and when that condition is true e.g. RSI goes over 80 or whatever, it closes the trade (or moves the stop or target, or whatever). There are ways to do all of those things, which are sort of "interfering" with an ATM's normal functionality by closing it or moving orders around. But you can't program it directly into the ATM itself.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

that is unfortunately, but thank you for clarifying that. it eliminates a bunch of unnecessary hassles. much appreciated.

Comment

Hello feedallday,

Thanks for your post.

QuantKey_Bruce is correct. You cannot add features to ATMs using NinjaScript.

Using Atm Strategies: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...strategies.htm

It could be possible to accomplish your goal by creating a custom NinjaScript strategy that changes a stop/target order or cancels an entry order when a certain condition occurs.

See this Atm Strategy Methods help guide for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

You may also view the SampleAtmStrategy reference sample that comes default with NinjaTrader. To view the code of this strategy, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Strategies folder, and double-click on the SampleAtmStrategy file.

Let me know if I may further assist you.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes