Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visual Studio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio question

I realize this forum is for NinjaTrader / NinjaScript questions. However, I am hoping that enough people use Visual Studio that someone can help me understand. I would not normally post this kind of question here, but I do not see a more appropriate place.

I have been editing an indicator in Visual Studio (porting to NT8). I compiled it in VS -- easier workflow to find my latest problems to fix (plenty of those). All was as expected - in particular, build errors and warnings were shown in the build output pane. The situation was absolutely normal.

Then I did some more editing and now compiling does not show build errors or warnings in the build output pane (although #warn does show in the build output). The compiling seems fine -- the errors and warnings counts seem correct and the expected errors and warnings are in the Errors pane, just no longer showing in the build output pane. Also, FWIW, Intellisense continues to mark them in the source just fine.

Compiling other files continues to show build errors and warnings in the Build output window, so the issue is specific to the file I am editing.

It is as if something I changed in my source file made VS stop showing errors and warnings in the build output window. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can find what is causing the problem. FWIW: I have tried putting #warn before and after an area that IntelliSense shows a problem with. The #warn text shows in the build output, but the compiler error messages do not. I have tried exiting VS and restarting it -- that did not help.

Thanks,
    EV

Just curious, was a NinjaScript Editor window open/closed
    in either case?

Comment

I believe that NT was open, but not the editor. I'm not positive, so I just ran all three scenarios and still have the problem. Same behavior in all three cases:
      • NT not running
      • NT is running but no editor window is open
      • NT is running with an editor window open

Comment

In bin -> Custom there is a .vs directory that can be deleted (while VS is not running) then you can launch it again from NT to start everything over.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
          In bin -> Custom there is a .vs directory that can be deleted (while VS is not running) then you can launch it again from NT to start everything over.
          Thanks for the suggestion ... I just tried it ... no joy.

--EV

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post CactusMan  
          Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes