Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Warning Message GlobalAccountBalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning Message GlobalAccountBalance

I tried to install a 3rd party indicator and got a warning message.
    Something along the line that this NinjaScript Assembly uses "GlobalAccountBalance" and I should only install if I trust the source. What does "GlobalAccountBalance" do? I could not find anything in the documentation. And what is the risk here that prompts this warning?

Best regards

Hello maggo123,

Could you try to re import the item and take a screenshot of the warning? This may have been the addon warning, when you import an item that contains an addon it lists the addons name, GlobalAccountBalance may be the name of an addon. We would need to see the actual error to know if that was an addon warning. If that was the addon warning then you would need to contact the vendor/developer of the item for clarification about what that item does.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,
      I think you are right. It's the addon warning and the addon name seems to be GlobalAccountBalance. The message looked different during the other NinjaTrader installation on a different machine, like I stated above, but I guess it means the same thing (and I do not want to go through the whole uninstall/install process again).
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello maggo123,

Yes in that case we wouldnt know what that addon does specifically besides the name. You would have to contact the developer of that item for more information about what that part does.

The platform notifies any time an Addon type is imported because those are more complex tools that can access most parts of the platform or cause changes to the user interface on a broad scale. It could also be a very simple part of their script that they just used the addons folder for storing some code, either way the platform is going to notify that it is being compiled in.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes