Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OIF Order Instruction File is it still working, i have 8.0.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIF Order Instruction File is it still working, i have 8.0.26

OIF Order Instruction File is it still working, i have 8.0.26 i haven't used it in a while. i just sent files to incoming, is it not monitored while market is closed? In Tools-Options-Automated Trading interface I have AT interface checkmarked. just doing some tests and the file is sitting in incoming folder but no response in the Log to receiving an order.

ok just fired this off with another windows computer that had Windows 10. The computer that it doesnt work on is Win10 upgraded to win 11, could that be the issue? Possibly permissions issue?

Comment

Hello set2win,

Thanks for your post.

I see that you are using an outdated/old version of NinjaTrader 8. The current NinjaTrader version is 8.1.1.2.

Please upgrade your NinjaTrader to the latest version and then retest to see if the behavior persists.

To update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop by following the steps below.
      • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
      • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
      • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
      • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.
        • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
      After the installation package is completed you will be able to log into NinjaTrader Desktop with the connection guide linked below

Connecting in NinjaTrader Desktop

Let me know if I may assist further.​
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are you for real? the vendors are all tell everyone not to upgrade because you pushed out a useless "travovate'update. My problem with OIF has nothing to do with your update, nothing changed in the whole Ninjatrader software. This is the best answer you could push

Comment

Originally posted by set2win View Post
          Are you for real? the vendors are all tell everyone not to upgrade because you pushed out a useless "travovate'update. My problem with OIF has nothing to do with your update, nothing changed in the whole Ninjatrader software. This is the best answer you could push
          I don't think this is true that "vendors are all tell everyone not to upgrade." I'm certainly not telling anyone that. There have been a few OIF related issues but there has been documented support since well after Windows 11 was released. See for instance this thread: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...89#post1193189. It should be possible to figure out what is going on in your specific case and resolve it unless there is a new issue that has just surfaced.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello set2win,

Thanks for your note.

To determine if this behavior is related to the platform, you would need to upgrade your NinjaTrader version to either 8.1.1.2 or 8.0.27.1 by following the steps in post # 3 and testing to see if the behavior persists.

There have been fixes implemented between version 8.0.26.0 and 8.1.1.2 or 8.0.27.1. If you do not upgrade then these platform fixes have not been included in the NinjaTrader version you are using.

To investigate this matter further, we would need you to upgrade to 8.1.1.2 or 8.0.27.1 before we are able to investigate further and report the behavior to the Development team for them to look into.

Further, you may review the forum thread post that QuantKey_Bruce linked to in post # 5 for information about how to properly use OIF files in NinjaTrader. I am also adding this link below.
            https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...es#post1193189

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

One of the largest vendors Trade Devils says not to upgrade, ApexFunding says not to upgrade, there were no improvements in 8.1 in regards to OIF so why are you still persistent on pushing to these updates.

Comment

Hello set2win,

Thanks for your note.

OIF Files do work in NinjaTrader 8 version 8.0.27.1 and version 8.1.1.3.

See this demonstration video showing that OIF order working in 8.1.1.3: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...N18yMTIzNjI2NA

Note that for the order to submit, the market must be open and if you are submitting orders to the Sim101 account, you need to specify the account in the OIF file as 'Sim101', not 'SIM101'.

As previously stated: "To investigate this matter further, we would need you to upgrade to 8.0.27.1 or 8.1.1.3 before we are able to investigate further and report the behavior to the Development team for them to look into."

If you would like NinjaTrader 8 to behave similar to 8.0.26, you could upgrade to 8.0.27.1 and test to see if the behavior you are reporting persists. If the behavior does persist on 8.0.27.1, please send me the exact steps and settings you used to reproduce the behavior on 8.0.27.1 so we may investigate it further.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                4 responses