Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What EXACTLY "Simulation" Account Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What EXACTLY "Simulation" Account Is?

Hi

Can someone please define what is Simulation Account exactly?

In terms of its data and uses to be exact.

Thanks

Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your post.

The Sim101 account is a default account that represents your own simulated account through which you place simulated trades. The Sim101 account behaves identical to a live account in that it has a cash balance, profit and loss and other financial parameters.

Please see this help guide page for more information about the simulation account: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...01_account.htm

See this help guide page for more information about the Simulated Data Feed connection: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the links Brandon

The second link discusses the "Simulated Data Feed" connection. I was asking about the "Simulation" connection which is available after Signing Up to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your note.

The "Simulation" connection is a server-side Sim101 account and simulated data feed. It is very similar to the "Simulated Data Feed" connection.

When the "Multi-provider" option is disabled in the Tools > Options > General tab, this connection will display in the Connections menu as "Simulation". When the "Multi-provider" option is enabled, this connection will display as "Simulated Data Feed" in the Connections menu.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your note.

The "Simulation" connection is a server-side Sim101 account and simulated data feed. It is very similar to the "Simulated Data Feed" connection.

When the "Multi-provider" option is disabled in the Tools > Options > General tab, this connection will display in the Connections menu as "Simulation". When the "Multi-provider" option is enabled, this connection will display as "Simulated Data Feed" in the Connections menu.

Yes thank you

So this means that the "Simulation" data feed does not include real-time market data?

Comment

Hello Uhumm,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, that is correct. The "Simulation" connection is a simulated data feed, not a real-time market data feed connection.

To get real-time market data, you would need to subscribe to Market Data in the Client Dashboard.

You may subscribe to Market Data by logging into the Client Dashboard at account.ninjatrader.com > select the Account icon in the top right corner of the dashboard > click 'Settings' > click 'Plans' > and select the 'Subscribe' button under the Market Data section.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses