Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Linking to NtDirect.dll, any info on the binary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to NtDirect.dll, any info on the binary?

Howdy all. I'm currently attempting an FFI for the NTDirect C/C++ API, written in Rust. The code can be found here: https://github.com/j-stach/rust-ntdirect

I'm having trouble linking the extern block in src/raw.rs to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NtDirect.dll.

I've tried different toolchain configurations with rustup, and this at least gets me different linker errors, but I suspect I need more information about the NtDirect.dll binary itself to figure out what compiler configuration I can pass to rustup to let them can communicate. (Truthfully this project is my first time working with foreign functions at all, so I'm not exactly sure what question I'm asking here.)

Can anyone lend me some wisdom?

General feedback and contributions to the repo are also welcome and would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and have a nice day ~

Hello surefire93,

Thanks for your post.

Please note that the NTDirect.dll does not currently work with NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 or 8.1.1.0 at this time. Our Development team is aware of this and is looking into a possible fix for this matter.

That said, using external programming languages is not documented or supported and we would not be able to provide assistance. Support for the API is limited from NinjaTrader Support. We are not able to assist with any code in an application external to NinjaTrader. We are able to detail the usage of any methods available from the API.

Below I am providing a publicly available link to the help guide that lists the functions available to the API.

Help Guide NT8 API functions - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._interface.htm

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on this topic.

Please let me know if I may assist further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
    1 response