Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tutorial Custom Bar Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial Custom Bar Type

hello does anyone know where there are tutorials (videos, youtube, etc) for programming custom bar types?

Hello Lopat,

Thanks for your post.

We do not have any tutorials or videos available for learning how to program custom bar types in NinjaScript.

That said, you could view the BarsTypes scripts that come default with NinjaTrader to get an idea for how BarsTypes are programmed in NinjaScript.

To view the BarsTypes scripts that come default with NinjaTrader, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the BarsTypes folder, and double-click on the BarsType script you want to view.

This help guide page also contains information about the available methods and properties related to programming custom BarsTypes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../bars_type.htm

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on third-party tutorials or videos they are aware of.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would help to make the BarsType class open source.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopat View Post
        hello does anyone know where there are tutorials (videos, youtube, etc) for programming custom bar types?
        I just came across this guy on YouTube who claims to have a code walk-through of his renko bar: https://youtu.be/052uzbD-pUA. I haven't picked it up yet so I don't know if it's good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello Lopat,

Thanks for your post.

We do not have any tutorials or videos available for learning how to program custom bar types in NinjaScript.

That said, you could view the BarsTypes scripts that come default with NinjaTrader to get an idea for how BarsTypes are programmed in NinjaScript.

To view the BarsTypes scripts that come default with NinjaTrader, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the BarsTypes folder, and double-click on the BarsType script you want to view.

In my experience, custom bar types can really give your trading strategy an edge. If you want to dive deeper into the research aspect of trading, I highly recommend checking out this sample research literature review I came across: https://literaturereviewwritingservi...review-sample/ It's like a flashlight in a dark tunnel of academic literature. Trust me, it's worth reading. Anyway, back to custom bar types - they can be game-changing, especially if you tailor them to your specific trading style. So, accept the setup and happy trading!​

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on third-party tutorials or videos they are aware of.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
          Thanks for help!
          Last edited by Sam2515; Yesterday, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post loganjarosz123  
          Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Belfortbucks