Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom NT8 HotKeys disabled in AddOnWindow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom NT8 HotKeys disabled in AddOnWindow

When an Addon Window is selected (like the one in the next picture, taken from the example of this Forum)
    The basic Order Entry Hotkeys do not work.
    They work fine on every other NT8 window.
    Question:
    What shall I do in order to achieve the custom NT Hotkeys to work having the AddonShell Window selected??
    Thank you very Much!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2230217 b.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1235825

Name:	2230217 a.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1235824
    Attached Files

Good morning...
    Any comment??
    FVJ

Comment

Hello efeuvejota01,

Thanks for your post.

First, it does not seem like you have programmed the AddOn window to submit orders to an account/instrument so orders will not be placed using the AddOn window since you have not programmed it to do so.

Further, the order entry Hot Keys feature that comes default with NinjaTrader will not work by default for a custom NinjaScript AddOn window. You must program the AddOn window to detect key presses and submit orders based on those key presses. This would require custom C# logic and goes beyond the support we will be able to provide.

You could consider doing a Google search for something like 'C# detect key presses' to research this topic.

For an example of submitting orders to an account/instrument from an AddOn window, see the 'AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic' example script linked on this help guide page.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Please let me know if I may assist further.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer!!, let me try with the ''AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic' .
        FVJ

Comment

Dear Brandon:
          I regret to tell you that, also with the 'AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic' Window focused ( and with all fields properly filled (see the following screenshot)).
          The custom NinjaTrader 8 HotKeys (That are available in the Tools menu), does not send the order as they do with the rest of the NT Windows.

You must program the AddOn window to detect key presses and submit orders based on those key presses.
          If you have any clue where to look for this solution i would appreciate enormously!!!
          Thank you for the advice...

Name:	2230217 c.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1236129

Comment

Hello efeuvejota01,

Thanks for your note.

Please note that the 'Addon Framework NinjaScript Basic' file demonstrates how to submit orders to a selected account/instrument using a button. You would need to program the custom AddOn window to detect key presses on a keyboard as stated in post number 3.

Note that detecting key presses would require custom C# logic and goes beyond the support we will be able to provide.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Comment

Thank you Brandon:
              I see in some places that there are a lists of requests to NT.
              Would it be possible to add the request to increase the scope of Activation of hotkeys to addonwindow that uses "INTTabFactory"?
              Thank you very much!!!
              FVJ

Comment

Hello efeuvejota01,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to a feature request as you have requested. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2669.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​

Comment

Let me clarify 2 items.
                  1.-
                  Note that detecting key presses would require custom C# logic and goes beyond the support we will be able to provide.
                  100% Understood.
                  2.- I am 100% happy with the NT8 'Hot Keys' capabilities. The issue is that normally in a trade, 'Basic Entry' window is focused. (and for trade management process I have (time to time) to click on the AddOnWindow, to see certain parameters) and sometimes, I forget to click to the 'Basic Entry' window, and I try to press the hotkeys and I am at the wrong focused window.
                  What I want to achieve, is to keep using the regular NT programmed Hotkeys, instead to program a new button with the respective code.
                  Thank you for your attention and have a good afternoon!!
                  FVJ

Comment

Hello FVJ,

Thanks for your note.

Please note that order entry Hot Keys are window sensitive and will only execute an action to the active order entry window. This means that if you select a window other than the Basic Entry window, for example, you would need to remember to re-click on the Basic Entry window so that this window is the active window before placing orders using Hot Keys. This is how NinjaTrader Hot Keys are made to function.

Understanding Hot Keys: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...sForOrderEntry

That said, I have added your note to the feature request vote.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post funk10101  
                    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                    11 responses