Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Toolbar (mahToolBar) and Horizontal Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolbar (mahToolBar) and Horizontal Ray

Hello aligator / NT Support!

I'm starting a new thread on these topics for clarity. First off, aligator thank you for the Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool, very useful! Even with the new snap feature for the NT8 lines, a simple click or two with yours is much easier. Having the price value is a nice touch, too!

Horizontal Ray

I'm currently using the Shortcut Toolbar by NinjaAddons and wanted to have your Horizontal Ray show up. I have modified the code of the Shortcut Toolbar but because the Horizontal Ray doesn't have an icon image, it is not working even though there's a spot for it and a tooltip shows on hover. Perhaps you could add an icon to the zip file, assuming that's possible?

mahToolBar6

In putting this post, I saw your mahToolBar6 in the Ecosystem. So, I imported the zip file and got a successful import message. However, even after a restart of NT8 (8.0.27.1 - latest), your toolbar is not appearing on any existing chart (from reload of a workspace) or a new chart window. I'm not seeing any error in the Control Panel - Log tab. During the import, NT8 asks if I want to overwrite the existing Horizontal Ray script. I select Yes, of course. In doing so, I was hoping to see the icon you use in the mahToolBar, either in the Drawing Tools dropdown or in the Shortcut Toolbar mentioned above. But, the same exists: An entry in the Drawing Tools dropdown without an icon; same with the Shortcut Toolbar as mentioned above.

Is it possible that your toolbar is not working because of (1) the existing Shortcut Toolbar (note, it uses the left-hand side of the chart, not the top like yours. I'm thinking both should show); or (2) I have updated my Hotkeys mapping?

I don't think either point should prevent your toolbar from working. Am I missing anything?

EDIT: I didn't realize the mahToolBar is an indicator and not an Add-on type. I'm now seeing it. However, the Horizontal Ray icon is appearing as an envelope? Also, the interaction with the toolbar is not consistent. About every 4 or 5 clicks work to put a drawing object on the chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	438
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1230692

Thanks for your efforts in these and willingness to share!

Kind regards,
    Matt
    Last edited by StealthM93; 01-10-2023, 02:06 PM. Reason: The toolbar is available in the Indicators window.

Originally posted by StealthM93 View Post
    Hello aligator / NT Support!

I'm starting a new thread on these topics for clarity. First off, aligator thank you for the Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool, very useful! Even with the new snap feature for the NT8 lines, a simple click or two with yours is much easier. Having the price value is a nice touch, too!

Horizontal Ray

I'm currently using the Shortcut Toolbar by NinjaAddons and wanted to have your Horizontal Ray show up. I have modified the code of the Shortcut Toolbar but because the Horizontal Ray doesn't have an icon image, it is not working even though there's a spot for it and a tooltip shows on hover. Perhaps you could add an icon to the zip file, assuming that's possible?

mahToolBar6

In putting this post, I saw your mahToolBar6 in the Ecosystem. So, I imported the zip file and got a successful import message. However, even after a restart of NT8 (8.0.27.1 - latest), your toolbar is not appearing on any existing chart (from reload of a workspace) or a new chart window. I'm not seeing any error in the Control Panel - Log tab. During the import, NT8 asks if I want to overwrite the existing Horizontal Ray script. I select Yes, of course. In doing so, I was hoping to see the icon you use in the mahToolBar, either in the Drawing Tools dropdown or in the Shortcut Toolbar mentioned above. But, the same exists: An entry in the Drawing Tools dropdown without an icon; same with the Shortcut Toolbar as mentioned above.

Is it possible that your toolbar is not working because of (1) the existing Shortcut Toolbar (note, it uses the left-hand side of the chart, not the top like yours. I'm thinking both should show); or (2) I have updated my Hotkeys mapping?

I don't think either point should prevent your toolbar from working. Am I missing anything?

EDIT: I didn't realize the mahToolBar is an indicator and not an Add-on type. I'm now seeing it. However, the Horizontal Ray icon is appearing as an envelope? Also, the interaction with the toolbar is not consistent. About every 4 or 5 clicks work to put a drawing object on the chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	438
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1230692

Thanks for your efforts in these and willingness to share!

Kind regards,
    Matt
    Thanks for your comments. The mahToolBar6 indicator functions fine for me and should look like the screenshot in Ecosystem APPs Downloads. Yours is the first issue I have heard after several 1000s downloads. Is it possible that you may have made some changes to the indicator or using the worng hot key?

Also, I am not sure you are having issues with mahToolBar indicator or coding ToolBarShotcut add-on. The reason I created the mahToolBat was because ToolBarShortcut was taking some of the chart's left side area and had few feature. mahToolBar installs in the main toolbar and saves chart realestate.

Perhaps if you study the mahToolBar code you will notice that the Horzontal Ray is a simple WingDing character that is coded as an Icon because Ninjatrader does not have an Icon for Horizontal Ray. I think You can search in the code to see and use the proper HotKey and Font assigned to Horizontal Ray. The envelope Icon you have must be from wrong font set. Remeber, most of the font characters come from either set of the Wingding or Webding fonts.

Thanks again and let me know.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi aligator,

Took some time today to look into this. The issue is that I had already remapped my hot keys to my own liking before installing your toolbar indicator. I'm guessing that the buttons on the toolbar call the default mappings and that is why you require the mappings on the Ecosystem page for new buttons to work.

I was going to reset my hot keys to the defaults but I don't see any easy way to do that. I'll just stick with the Shortcut Toolbar for now.

Anyway, thank you, again, for replying.
      Kind regards,
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StealthM93 View Post
        Hi aligator,

Took some time today to look into this. The issue is that I had already remapped my hot keys to my own liking before installing your toolbar indicator. I'm guessing that the buttons on the toolbar call the default mappings and that is why you require the mappings on the Ecosystem page for new buttons to work.

I was going to reset my hot keys to the defaults but I don't see any easy way to do that. I'll just stick with the Shortcut Toolbar for now.

Anyway, thank you, again, for replying.
        Kind regards,
        Matt
        Hi, StealthM93,

Not difficult at all. You need to re- map only the hot key for Horizontal Ray. Other hot keys for NT default drawing tools are the same in both ToolBars,

Also, you indicated in your first post that:

"... the interaction with the toolbar is not consistent. About every 4 or 5 clicks work to put a drawing object on the chart."

I have not experienced this issue when I double click on any Icon. Also, yours is the first report of such an issue. Or, I assume, according to your Edit in Post Home this is no longer an issue.

I would also suggest to revisit and edit your first post to remove any of your observations in mahToolBar6 paragraphs that are simply a result of your recoding or remapping and not an issue with mahToolBar6. This will avoid confusion and misinterpretation of the indicator usability for other members reading this thread.

Thank you and Cheers!
        Last edited by aligator; 01-13-2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi aligator, Fantastic add-on! Thanks for creating such an awesome one! I have been using it for some time and now need something more to it. I am recently trying to extend it to include the 'hotkey-tooltip' attached to it and the 'name of the tool' on mouseover. Any pointers/suggestions as to what and where to look for programmatically including these possible additions?

Comment

StealthM93 aligator Where is the horizontal ray tool posted? I could not find it. - THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by noelmendez View Post
              StealthM93 aligator Where is the horizontal ray tool posted? I could not find it. - THANKS
              Hi,

The Horizontal Ray file is included in your downloaded mahToolBar6 zip file as a separate file that needs to be installed for its icon to work.

A new Version6 of mahToolBar indicator has been posted in User Apps downloads. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/ (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/a-mahtoolbar-2/) This version added several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The

Cheers!
              Last edited by aligator; 11-06-2023, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gerik
              by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes