Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Programaticaly create an ATM Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programaticaly create an ATM Template

Hi, I have not been able to find a method to create an ATM Template through code and I need to create lots of them for my strategies (or build them dynamically as required). I have opened one of the XML files, changed what I think are the relevant node values, and saved it as a different name but Ninjatrader won't recognize the new template file. I intend to write some code to work with the XML file as an XML object in .Net and programmatically modify and create new documents if I can prove how to modify them manually first.

Please advise.

Hello sjmuk1,

Thank you for your post.

There is a distinction between ATM strategies and NinjaScript strategies. While a strategy may have access to a previously saved ATM strategy template, there is no supported way to create an ATM strategy template through code. For more information about the differences between ATM strategies and NinjaScript strategies:

The only documented and supported way to create an ATM strategy template is through the user interface where you configure the ATM strategy settings as desired and then use the Save as Template button:

Editing the XML files for ATM strategies is unsupported. If you choose to do so, you should do so at your own risk and results may vary. After making edits to an XML file for an ATM strategy template, the edits may or may not be reflected in the user interface.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Then why does this post from another Customer Service agent suggest to do exactly what i am trying to do?

Hi, How can I programmatically create a new ATM strategy template in order to subsequently submit an order with AtmStrategyCreate() using the recently created

Comment

Hello sjmuk1,

Thank you for your reply.

I mentioned that editing the XML files for an ATM strategy template is unsupported. What I mean by this is that it is undocumented in our help guide and we do not have any additional resources to offer regarding the contents of the XML file that are needed for an ATM strategy template. As my colleague Jim mentioned in that other post, you could try using StreamWriter to write an ATM strategy template file. If you were to encounter any issues, we would not be able to assist with troubleshooting or debugging because manually creating/editing ATM strategy template files is outside the scope of our team's support.

Your initial post stated, "I have opened one of the XML files, changed what I think are the relevant node values, and saved it as a different name but Ninjatrader won't recognize the new template file." As for NinjaTrader not recognizing the new template file, please be sure that it is saved in the appropriate directory (Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\AtmStrategy) and check the Log tab of the Control Center for any errors that may point you in the right direction. You may need to restart the platform for changes to take effect in the UI, though I am not sure what the expected or unexpected behavior would be. Those are the only tips I can offer because this method of creating and editing ATM strategy templates is not documented. If you'd like, I could submit a feature request to the development team to release more information about ATM strategy template files and request documented support for manually creating and editing these files in the future.

Please let me know if you are interested in a feature request and I would be glad to submit it on your behalf. I appreciate your time and patience.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the follow up I have gotten this working now. I am constructing templates programmatically and they are appearing in the GUI for use and seem to work fine. I haven't tested using one with an automated ninjascript strategy yet. I would like to request a feature to be able to call a method or methods to be able to construct an ATM Template by calling the method from a Ninjascript.

Comment

Hello sjmuk1,

Thank you for your reply.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello sjmuk1,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5697. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

This thread needs to move to the NT8 forums.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post RubenCazorla  
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                2 responses
                1 like