Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Price Market on Horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Market on Horizontal lines

How is it possible that this is not implemented, I have literally seen posts about so many people requesting it 12 YEARS AGO. They were always told this is a highly requested feature and that they will add their votes. This is literally the most basic feature that everyone would use. Please don't recommend me the Labeled Horizontal Lines indicator or the Constant Lines. None of them meet the actual purpose.

Hello samsprenar,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in adding an option to enable a price marker for horizontal lines drawn on the chart and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2063.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon, unfortunately this is what everyone has been told a literal decade ago on these forums on dozen of posts and it seems like it has not progressed anywhere, this is such a basic feature that literally every platform has and there is no reason to not implement it. Is there a specific reason why the devs don't want to do it?

Comment

Hello samsprenar,

Thanks for your note.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Let me know if I may assist further.​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by samsprenar View Post
          How is it possible that this is not implemented, I have literally seen posts about so many people requesting it 12 YEARS AGO. They were always told this is a highly requested feature and that they will add their votes. This is literally the most basic feature that everyone would use. Please don't recommend me the Labeled Horizontal Lines indicator or the Constant Lines. None of them meet the actual purpose.
          Please explain why the labeled horizontal lines drawing tool does not meet your needs and do be very specific. This tool allows you to draw lines and they are automatically labeled with price at a minimum and provide options for text as well as text and price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasker-182 View Post

Please explain why the labeled horizontal lines drawing tool does not meet your needs and do be very specific. This tool allows you to draw lines and they are automatically labeled with price at a minimum and provide options for text as well as text and price.
            My friend has already made an indicator that properly shows the price markers so I am fine if Ninja Trader refuses to add it.

The reasons why I don't really like the labeled horizontal lines indicator:

- The font is by default not straight and that is not changeable as far as I can see. There is no optimal size for it as if you make it too small on a monitor that is farther away from you, the scaling on it gets messed up and you won't see it at all. If it's too big, it's annoying and it will be over the candle sticks and it'll look extremely weird and annoying, it literally will prevent you from looking at the candlesticks and stuff properly.

You could say these things are details, but they are not for me and surely not for other people since I am not the only person who doesn't want to use that indicator, it's not like we are asking for a complicated feature to get requested, it is the simplest thing.

Anyways I don't need Ninja to add it anymore. I attached images of how it looks when it's done properly vs your Labeled Horizontal Lines indicator since image is worth a thousand words, you can let me know which one you like more! For me personally, I don't think there is even a question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	252
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1224743Click image for larger version

Views:	203
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1224744​​

Comment

Originally posted by samsprenar View Post

My friend has already made an indicator that properly shows the price markers so I am fine if Ninja Trader refuses to add it.

The reasons why I don't really like the labeled horizontal lines indicator:

- The font is by default not straight and that is not changeable as far as I can see. There is no optimal size for it as if you make it too small on a monitor that is farther away from you, the scaling on it gets messed up and you won't see it at all. If it's too big, it's annoying and it will be over the candle sticks and it'll look extremely weird and annoying, it literally will prevent you from looking at the candlesticks and stuff properly.

You could say these things are details, but they are not for me and surely not for other people since I am not the only person who doesn't want to use that indicator, it's not like we are asking for a complicated feature to get requested, it is the simplest thing.

Anyways I don't need Ninja to add it anymore. I attached images of how it looks when it's done properly vs your Labeled Horizontal Lines indicator since image is worth a thousand words, you can let me know which one you like more! For me personally, I don't think there is even a question.

Views:	252
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1224743Click image for larger version

Views:	203
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1224744​​
              Thanks for your reply and observations. If what you have does the job then you are all set. However just to be sure here is a link to what I have been using which may not be what you have compared: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The labeled lines drawing tool can be configured with whatever font and whatever size and style you wish. This is done by double clicking on the line and then working through the line properties where you will find colors, style and font, etc. Like all drawing tools you can create templates that allow you to easily switch styles that are not limited to the lines and colors but also the font as well. The drawing tool covers all line types, not just horizontal lines (so Rays, ArrowLines, Vertical lines, and just lines. The defaults for the text and color are not what I would have chosen however again you can change these to be what you wish and create new defaults as well as the previously mentioned templates.

Not trying to convince you to change as again you have what you need but for others reading these posts there are freely available options to meet labeled lines.

Name:	Screenshot_20221122_084021.png
Views:	335
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1224774

Comment

Originally posted by Tasker-182 View Post

Thanks for your reply and observations. If what you have does the job then you are all set. However just to be sure here is a link to what I have been using which may not be what you have compared: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The labeled lines drawing tool can be configured with whatever font and whatever size and style you wish. This is done by double clicking on the line and then working through the line properties where you will find colors, style and font, etc. Like all drawing tools you can create templates that allow you to easily switch styles that are not limited to the lines and colors but also the font as well. The drawing tool covers all line types, not just horizontal lines (so Rays, ArrowLines, Vertical lines, and just lines. The defaults for the text and color are not what I would have chosen however again you can change these to be what you wish and create new defaults as well as the previously mentioned templates.

Not trying to convince you to change as again you have what you need but for others reading these posts there are freely available options to meet labeled lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221122_084021.png Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	1224774
                Hi again, thanks I tried that one too just to see. Unfortunately I would say that this is even a worse case scenario as the label opacity and color is forced by the line (unless I am not seeing the option to separate them) which means you'll end up with something like this. If I were to lower opacity of the lines which I often do drastically to not make my chart look weird, the text would become invisible. The main issue for me is still that covers candlesticks which is extremely annoying especially if you are in some rangy conditions. I think it's safe to say that everyone who wants this feature would just prefer for it to be added instead of these mediocre indicators. The indicator you sent has good uses for the other drawing tools, but for the horizontal lines it is just not optimal. It is just funny that there no option for this for no reason whatsoever. Anyway, glad that I at least got an option to use it normally.

Views:	210
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1224803

Comment

Correct, the text color will be the same as the chosen color for the line as this was done to ensure that the text/price labeling was indeed associated for the occasions where you may have several lines that are close to each other.

While using price markers for the line is ok, you do know that at some point in time these markers get covered by other markers from other indicators when thay are in the same or near price level..

With this "Drawing Tool" you can always change the right side margin of the chart so that the labeled area is candlestick free. On the chart, right mouse click and select "properties" and look for "Right side margin". To be sure you are giving up screen space for the labels but this option would certainly clear things up and avoid the problem you have with markers getting on top of each other.

Here is an example:

Name:	Screenshot_20221123_081714.png
Views:	241
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1224815

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  4 responses