Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SecureTeam Assembly Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecureTeam Assembly Protection

Hi, I've got stuck with a problem for which I request help from the Ninja experts. I'll be so thankful as always. We have got SecureTeam's Agile.net Copy Protection Professional Edition (https://www.secureteam.net/acopy-pricing) installed. It is the right most option in webpage. Due to this software, the feature of Protect Compiled Assembly in the NT-8 custom code export window is enabled. By activating the checkbox (Protect compiled assembly), I tried to protect the compiled assembly while exporting a simple custom indicator. The export was successful. The import was also successful. However, when I try to apply indicator on the chart, I get this error message:

ERROR: Indicator 'MyHMA': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program

The custom code which I'm using is a simple thing (like an HMA indicator with no very special syntax inside).

One very strange thing to pay attention: I tried the above several times, around 10 times. There was an event when the protected indicator actually worked. But the rest of the 9 times, I end up with this error. The export and import both are successful 10/10. Error is thrown when we try to load the indicator on the chart.

Q # 1: Please advise how can I get the root cause of problem and solve it.

Q # 2: The license we have got is not the NT-8 specific license (100 $ per year). Instead, it is Agile.net Copy Protection Profession Edition from SecureTeam which is for general use on .NET applications and other DLL assemblies. I want to ask that whether our professional edition officially supports NT-8 Protect Compiled Assembly feature or it is necessary to have NT-8 specific license? Being able to activate this checkbox in our machine, we are assuming that both are compatible with each other. But need official confirmation of this assumption.

Best Regards,

Hello Mubeen Haider,

To confirm, the error cannot be reproduced when exporting an assembly with the 'Protect compiled assembly' unchecked and disabled, is this correct?
    (Just to confirm this is an Agile.net issue and not just a general issue with the installation environment)

From my understanding the NinjaTrader version for $100 is necessary to hook into NinjaTrader properly. But the pro version is untested and we, unfortunately, do not know for sure.

However, if you have the pro version, again from my understanding (gained from talking with vendors and their experience), is this can be used in your own project if you build the assembly outside of NinjaTrader (in Visual Studio for example).

The NinjaTraderAddonProject demonstrates a custom project with references to the NinjaTrader.Core that can be used to build assemblies outside of NinjaTrader.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

I would highly recommend contacting the Agile.net support team (if possible) to inquire.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea

Many thanks for your kind advice. Yes, everything goes well when the 'Protect compiled assembly' checkbox is unchecked/de-activated. I think of proceeding towards the conventional use of Pro version i.e., building the assemblies outside of NinjaTrader (Visual Studio 2019). The NinjaTraderAddonProject you mentioned can be a good starting point. I just need to ask one question about this. I have got the source code (.cs) files of some indicators and strategies which I'm intending to protect. I understand that using NinjaTrader.core reference, all these indicators and strategies can be made part of the Visual Studio project. I can compile these over there and generate project output in the form of DLL (just like your Add-on project example). Do you think my understanding is correct? Please advise if you like to add something or correct me.

Best Regards

Comment

Hello Mubeen Haider,

Your understanding is correct.

This is what is being demonstrated in the NinjaTraderAddonProject.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes