Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Version Release Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version Release Issues

New Release Issues outlined to vendors includes the 2 items below -

To correct our existing add ons (or have a plan of action prior to installation of new release) we need to know where in the code to locate these items and how to change to new requires

NOBODY wants to install new version and find that the use of the preferred addons now do not work and need to spend days or weeks trying to fix them and NOT be able to trade there previous developed setups.

I know I will not install new version until I am sure my scripts are NOT effected or I have a planned solution.
    ​​​​​​​
    1. f . Impacts we foresee are those where a custom NinjaScript Add-On calls directly to the C:\Program Files (x86) directory to read or write to files. Any NinjaScript Add-On that performs such actions should be updated for the new release
    1. c. We anticipate that any NinjaScript Add-On that called NinjaTrader’s or a custom database utilizing the SQL CE technology will need to be updated to the SQL Lite technology
    Where in the code should I look for each of these items (once I find them I will likely hope to find examples of the new replacement code)

Thanks​

Hello DTSSTS,

Thank you for your post.

There are a few additional details in the upcoming release notes. These will be available once 8.0.27.0 is available publicly.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_27_0.htm

In order to avoid any system changes that might cause issues, we recommend writing custom files to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\ScriptNameHere directory. If you have any referenced assemblies, we recommend copying the file to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder.

Impacts we foresee are those where a custom NinjaScript Add-On calls directly to the C:\Program Files (x86) directory to read or write to files. Any NinjaScript Add-On that performs such actions should be updated for the new release
    • To locate these items, I recommend doing a Ctrl + F search in your script(s) for C:\Program Files (x86) to see if you are referencing this file path anywhere in your script. If so, the path should be updated accordingly.
    We anticipate that any NinjaScript Add-On that called NinjaTrader’s or a custom database utilizing the SQL CE technology will need to be updated to the SQL Lite technology
    • As noted in the release notes page, "We have updated our core internal database technology from the deprecated Microsoft SQL CE to SQLite. Supported/documented NinjaScript code will not be impacted by this change; however, if you have specifically developed your Add-On to call or interact with the Microsoft SQL CE database you should review and update code for compatibility."
    • Accessing the database from NinjaScript is not officially supported. We do not have any code samples related to this. If there are any scripts using unsupported code to access the database, we suspect that the SQL will likely not change much but the code will need to be reviewed on your own to determine if any changes are needed in order for it to work. If it does not work, we do not offer support for accessing the database. We would be able to put in a feature request with our development team requesting official access to the SQL database.
    Our support team will be recommending that clients update to the latest version of NinjaTrader. In the case of vendor scripts and wanting clients to continue to run these scripts successfully on the latest version, it is advised to ensure that the scripts work with the latest release and the noted changes in order to avoid interruption in service.

We appreciate your time and patience. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How do you locate this item in a Search thru the script

We anticipate that any NinjaScript Add-On that called NinjaTrader’s or a custom database utilizing the SQL CE technology will need to be updated to the SQL Lite technology​

Comment

What code will replace this

C:\Program Files (x86)

ie what is the new script path

So Far in my Searches I have only found the Program Files (x86) referenced in 1 indicator looking for Sound wav files
        Where will these alert sounds now be located with the update

Thanks
        Last edited by DTSSTS; 11-03-2022, 07:39 AM. Reason: Additional info about Files

Comment

I still have the SQL error on every startup.

Red error from Log:
          Unhandled exception: SQL logic error no such table: Strategies_tmp

Yellow error from Trace:
          SQLite error (8): statement aborts at 40: [CREATE TABLE Strategies_tmp(Id BIGINT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(Id))] attempt to write a readonly database
          SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DELETE FROM Strategies_tmp"
          SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DROP TABLE Strategies_tmp"
          *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
          SQL logic error
          no such table: Strategies_tmp
          code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error no such table: Strategies_tmp

Etc.

I reported it via email, was asked to send log and trace files, which I did on 10/24 to Patrick. I have heard nothing since.​​
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello DTSSTS and eDanny,

Thank you for your notes.

To DTSSTS:

How do you locate this item in a Search thru the script

We anticipate that any NinjaScript Add-On that called NinjaTrader’s or a custom database utilizing the SQL CE technology will need to be updated to the SQL Lite technology​
            You may Ctrl + F to search each script one at a time, or you may search in Visual Studio and Ctrl + F with ​the search settings for the entire project. As for what to search for, because accessing the database is undocumented and unsupported there are no specific queries we are able to suggest. This would depend on what the developer chooses to use in their code with regard to the database, although if you have created script that accesses the database you might already know what to search for related to the SQL database.

What code will replace this

C:\Program Files (x86)

ie what is the new script path

So Far in my Searches I have only found the Program Files (x86) referenced in 1 indicator looking for Sound wav files
            Where will these alert sounds now be located with the update

Thanks
            This is referenced in the Release Notes that I linked; I apologize for not making it more explicit in my reply. "NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 will be solely a 64-bit Windows application, this means the installation directory will change from C:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program Files"

This means that the sounds will be located in the following directory after the update:
            C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\sounds\

To eDanny:

I still have the SQL error on every startup.

Red error from Log:
            Unhandled exception: SQL logic error no such table: Strategies_tmp

Yellow error from Trace:
            SQLite error (8): statement aborts at 40: [CREATE TABLE Strategies_tmp(Id BIGINT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(Id))] attempt to write a readonly database
            SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DELETE FROM Strategies_tmp"
            SQLite error (1): no such table: Strategies_tmp in "DROP TABLE Strategies_tmp"
            *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
            SQL logic error
            no such table: Strategies_tmp
            code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error no such table: Strategies_tmp

Etc.

I reported it via email, was asked to send log and trace files, which I did on 10/24 to Patrick. I have heard nothing since.​​

Are these errors potentially stemming from a script that you wrote, or are you reporting this information in order to diagnose the installation of the update or locate which 3rd party script is causing these errors?
            If this is a script you wrote, are you able to identify which line of code is causing the error? If so, you may be able to share this with the forum community for ideas on how to resolve.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Emily, these errors are not script errors. All indicators compile and work. There are no references to any SQL in any script or template in my installation. These are platform errors that mainly occur when NT starts up and started when I installed the new early access release.
              eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                Hi Emily, these errors are not script errors. All indicators compile and work. There are no references to any SQL in any script or template in my installation. These are platform errors that mainly occur when NT starts up and started when I installed the new early access release.
                Hello eDanny,

Please open a support ticket including your diagnostic files so we may further investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please include the information "Vendor R27 Early Access" in the subject line and body of your request.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

​We look forward to resolving this with you.

Comment

Hi, I was replaying version .27 and experienced a crash. I could not email due to an error in the mail-kit sending system. https://www.screencast.com/t/rvNv57wLEv
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by novaknexgen View Post
                    Hi, I was replaying version .27 and experienced a crash. I could not email due to an error in the mail-kit sending system. https://www.screencast.com/t/rvNv57wLEv
                    Hello novaknexgen,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually send your log and trace files to our support team so may investigate this matter further.
                    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your support email to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
                      • Please also attach the two screenshots provided here in your forum post
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post

Hello eDanny,

Please open a support ticket including your diagnostic files so we may further investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please include the information "Vendor R27 Early Access" in the subject line and body of your request.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

​We look forward to resolving this with you.
                      OK Emily, I tried using the Control Center email option but received this error, see pic. Sent the files to Vendor Support manually instead. Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8 mail error.png
Views:	116
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1222800
                      eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post

OK Emily, I tried using the Control Center email option but received this error, see pic. Sent the files to Vendor Support manually instead. Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8 mail error.png
Views:	116
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1222800
                        Hello eDanny,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad you were able to send the files manually to Vendor Support. I believe I have seen a similar error reported by other users when trying to send files from the platform and we are looking into it. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and flexibility.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                        10 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite  
                        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                        0 responses