Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop chart bars from being selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop chart bars from being selected

Hi,
    A problem I run in to whenever I have drawings on the chart - such as lines and fibs - is that when the drawing is surrounded by chart bars then the chart bars always get selected first which is not what I want to do. Depending on how closely the drawing is surrounded by chart bars it sometimes becomes almost impossible to select the drawing unless I zoom in very close to the drawing requiring many more steps and clicks. I'm trying to select the drawing to either move it or adjust it or delete it. When the drawing is close to chart bars - almost always - then the chart bars are being selected first 100% of the time. I NEVER want to select the chart bars by selecting them on the chart and yet that's what happens whenever I click near a chart bar.

Is there an option or setting that completely disables the mouse left click selecting the chart bars?
    If not then can you suggest a work around for this constantly annoying behavior besides zooming in close to the drawing to do something to the drawing and then zooming back out?
    For example if there is a way to make any drawing on the chart be more likely to be selected than the chart bars when left mouse clicking near both.

thanks

Hello dtl-saw,

There is not a specific option to disable selecting the chart bars, they can also be moved to other panels or scales so they are selectable. You would need to either zoom in to where you can select the item or use the drawing tools menu to adjust their values instead of selecting them.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Mongo
    by Mongo

Started by guillembm, Today, 11:25 AM
    0 responses