Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distribution

I want to distribute to a few friends and acquaintances without releasing the source code. I want to limit the installation so it can't be used elsewhere. I found the commercial distribution information at https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...stribution.htm but I'm not trying to commercialize it. I don't want others to be able to re-distribute it. Is there a way to limit re-distribution without having to go through the process of requesting for a vendor id?

Hello tonystarks,

Thanks for your post.

There would be no supported way to limit redistribution of the AddOn without becoming a member of our Vendor program as you have stated.

That said, you could export the indicator as a compiled assembly (DLL) so that the code is protected. Protected code cannot be viewed or modified. See the help guide documentation below for how this could be done.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

tonystarks If you have access to an FTP account somewhere, you could create your own validation process by having a list of valid Machine IDs on that server account and checking against it at invocation of your code. That is, after all, essentially what the NinjaTrader Vendor checks do. You would then simply ask those to whom you distribute to provide their Machine ID, add it to your FTP list and the appropriate checks in the code should provide access. Machine IDs not in your list would be denied access. Greater granularity is also possible where you check Machine ID and the name of the code requesting it. For example, provide access to the Machine ID for Mum to all products, but the Machine ID for cousin Harry can only access MyHairyIndicator. Just one way to go.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin