Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

About OHLC and OHL indicator alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the link you sent me and set the cell conditions, but all the indicator columns are colored.
    I wanted to color only those that meet the condition, what am I doing wrong?​

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ml?addplot.htm
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

The reason the column is colored is that every row matches your condition. All rows have a value greater than 0 like you defined.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As you can see in my latest screenshot, I want to color only those that meet the condition stated in line 78, how can I do that?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

I believe there is some confusion here with how the market analyzer cell conditions work.

Cell conditions are a manually created condition in the market analyzer which relies on the indicators Plot. This has nothing to do with line 78 in your image.

The analyzer indicator column uses a single plot and displays that plots value. In the indicator you have 3 plots so only 1 of those plotted values is being used by the analyzer. Depending on which plot you selected in the analyzer it is using line 60 or 61 or 62.

The condition you made inside the cell conditions is that the indicator value, line 60 61 or 62 is greater than 0 which all of them are. That condition is always true so the cell will always be colored. All rows should be colored just like the image you provided, that is working exactly as expected.

Your addition to that script on line 78 has nothing to do with the other parts of the indicator where you are plotting the median low and high values. Line 78 is checking an RSI indicator value is greater that 20 and making an alert based on that condition. That alert has nothing to do with the market analyzer or coloring cells. That alert would work in a chart or any other tool that supports an indicator but it has absolutely no influence on the cell color in the market analyzer.

If you wanted to make a condition based on the RSI in the analyzer then you can just apply the RSI indicator directly instead of using a custom indicator.

If you are having trouble understanding how to create indicators that can be used with the analyzer from the details already provided you can also seek outside help from a third party developer who can create an item made to your specifications.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 10-24-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

The condition you made inside the cell conditions is that the indicator value, line 60 61 or 62 is greater than 0 which all of them are. That condition is always true so the cell will always be colored. All rows should be colored just like the image you provided, that is working exactly as expected.

You say that you are comparing indicator values,
            Are you saying that you are comparing High "0" on row 62 in the cell and the latest screenshot image?

If so, the plot value for High is 0, right?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

The analyzer is observing whichever plot you selected when you set up the column.

The High would not be 0, its a price which is greater than 0.

If you are having trouble understanding the indicator that you made you should use a chart to see how its plots work before trying to use it in the analyzer.

Comment

​Thank you for your reply.

That's right.
                For example, as an example, as shown in the attachment, the day's high price updated the previous day's high price (because it was satisfied), so the print is output. I want to add​
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

In the image it looks like you are already printing the output to the output window. If you wanted that value displayed in the analyzer you would have to plot it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood you because I'm using a translation tool.

I want to color my custom NinjaScript with Market Analyzer.​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

To color a cell in the market analyzer you would manually create a cell condition using your mouse. You can read about cell conditions in the help guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...CellConditions

Comment

I already referred to that link, but I couldn't find an article about customizing it with NinjaScript and applying it to the Market Analyzer for coloring.​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your note.

No supported or documented methods or functions are available to color the cell of a Market Analyzer column programmatically. Coloring the cell in the Market Analyzer must be done manually as my colleague Jesse has stated in post # 70.

We are tracking interest in programmatically modifying the color of a Market Analyzer cell and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4419.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
                          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

very sorry.
                            There may have been a problem with my way of communicating​

I was able to find what I want to achieve (different types of indicators) colors and sorting in this post.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...34#post1133634

And there is a NinjaScript file in the post linked above, and I applied it to the market analyzer and applied it in real time, and it does what I wanted.

That's the video for my post here.​

Based on these, I would like to ask you another question.

I was able to color only the instruments whose high price on the day exceeded the high price on the previous day, but for alerts, all instruments output and sound as alert logs.
                            Just like I was able to color only the conditions that were met, I would like to output and sound the alert log only when the conditions are met.​
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

If you have new questions please make a new thread for those questions. It is best to avoid asking many questions in one thread so there is no confusion. For creating manual alerts in the analyzer please use the technical support sub forums for those type of questions.

Comment

Thanks again for your reply and advice.

I Understood.
                                I will post it on the forum as a new, new question.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Option Whisperer  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes