Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Submit order on bar close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submit order on bar close

I'm trying to see if there is a way to submit an order on a bar close while using chart trader. For example if the 1000 tick price closes a bar over 10,000 then go long, however if it hits 10,001 and then retreats leaving only a candle wick do not submit the order. I scalp so it has to be a quick process so using something like an alert will not be fast enough to set up. Is it possible to modify the code for MIT order in the program code to only submit the order after a bar close? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hello cglancy,

Thank you for your post.

It would not be possible to modify the code that submits MIT orders. Something like this would be too complicated for an alert. It would be possible to program a strategy or indicator that would submit a market order based on your conditions from a button press if the conditions for entry are correct, or just a strategy that would autotrade for you based on conditions you set up.

I'm more than happy to provide you with resources on learning NinjaScript if you'd like. You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify a script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or assist you in learning NinjaScript.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes