Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Workaround for improved pricing Simulated Stop Limit Order thru NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workaround for improved pricing Simulated Stop Limit Order thru NinjaScript

As I understand it, its not possible to create Simulated Stop orders with improved price (e.g. for a Buy with a lower Limit Price than the Stop Price) through NinjaScript even though it is possible to do this manually. (I don't understand the rationale behind this restriction for NinjaScript, but have asked for my vote to be added to feature request ticket ID SFT-3180).

Therefore in the interim I am trying to figure out a workaround and have some questions:

1. Is there a way I can populate the Stop Limit order fields on the Basic Entry window through a chart indicator to effectively achieve the objective. If so what are the classes & functions I can call?

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...top_orders.htm

2. Alternatively, is it possible to create a Stop Limit order through NinjaScript and then modify it through NinjaScript with improved limit price to bypass the API restriction?

3. Alternatively, is there a class (maybe not documented) with functions than I can call which is what the Basic Entry window calls?

Hello trader-ap,

Thanks for your post.

There is no NinjaScript access to the Basic Entry window. There are currently no workarounds for submitting a simulated buy stop order with a lower limit price than the stop price.

This thread will be open for other community members to share possible unsupported workarounds.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Solution found for this problem as per

I'm having an issue with the execution of a simulated stop limit order from my indicator. For example, if I submit a sell stop limit order from the DOM with a
      Last edited by trader-ap; 08-23-2022, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80