Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser

Hi,
    I'm using an AddOn that simulates a browser on a NT8 window. Apparently NT8 uses Internet Explorer 11 for browsing functions and I get some browser related script errors (mainly associated to JavaScript). Is there a way of modifying the browser used by default@NT8? Have you considered modifying the browser reference for future NT8 releases?
    I've also noted that the browser can cause errors when linking the platform to a Twitter account.

Hello GillRymhes,

Just for some clarification here the Addon is a NinjaScript type however the browser control is not. The web control is part of C# and the WPF framework. That will work based on how Microsoft feels that control should work in C#, it does use the IE backend so it will have a lot of errors running any normal website. That control also generally won't work all the way or correctly in an NT styled window due to the transparency used in NT windows.

If you are trying to link a twitter account to code you made I would suggest to use the approach that the twitter share service uses to authenticate the user, that does not require using a web control as an addon.

If you do need to use a web control you can try any C#/WPF compliant library that handles creating a web control. The library would need to work with .net framework 4.8 or lower. The default web control cannot be changed because that is part of the .net wpf framework libraries and controls.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
    95 responses
    0 likes