Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Capture Chart Scale Values via NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture Chart Scale Values via NinjaScript

Hello,

I have a question regarding if it is possible to capture the current chart scale via NinjaScript.

For example on the right side of the chart a gridline may have an associated value of 4,000, then the next grid line above might be 4,005 for example, where the difference between these two gridlines is 5.

Is there a way to capture these gridline / price values in NinjaScript?

If so, are these properties / methods also available in NT7?

The motivation for this is that I find the chart scale itself to be a good volatility indicator, but on an intraday basis it is easy to miss if / when the chart scale changes when monitoring multiple charts / markets. I plan to write an indicator that will alert me if / when the chart scale changes.

Thank you for your assistance!

Hello NTLevel2,

You can find the min and max prices of the scale and also the TickSize which is the smallest increment the instrument can have on the scale. The scale can be scaled in or out so the other increments which may change as the scale is moved in or out would be something that is not directly available. To find those values you would need to essentially recreate what the chart is doing to render those various size increments as the scale changes.

You could see the OnCaculateMinMax override for an example of getting the current scale range: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...b=calculatemin
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes