Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to update historical chart data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update historical chart data?

1) Is there any way to force an updating of a chart's historical data programmatically?

2) Can I add my own historical data programmatically? I want to fix some data in realtime and programmatically

Hello vstypilvninza,

Thank you for your post.

These inquiries appear to be in regards to NinjaScript programming and I have moved this post to a more appropriate forum.

1) Is there any way to force an updating of a chart's historical data programmatically?
    While there is a way to do this, it comes with some warnings as you can see in the help guide. Please use caution if you use this method as this can cause heavy load or as noted it may become recursive.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/reloadallhistoricaldata.htm

If you have a different use from what the help guide suggests, I can also put in a feature request for a more specific option. Outside of this item, there is not necessarily a suggested way to do this programmatically.

2) Can I add my own historical data programmatically? I want to fix some data in realtime and programmatically
    I'm unsure what you mean by "fix some data in real time and programmatically". The easiest way to get historical data into the platform would be to either download it directly from your data provider's historical data servers or to obtain data from a third party historical data provider and import that data.

You could also consider creating an external application that connects to NinjaTrader via our DLL interface and feeds historical data to NinjaTrader through that, however, you would not be able to connect to a real time data feed at the same time.

An example application which can pump data to NinjaTrader can be found on this post here:

Please note that our support for the DLL interface is very limited.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM