Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

automated intraday options trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automated intraday options trading

Does ninjatrader allow for automated intraday options trading? If yes, is it possible to import this feature directly to thinkorswim? How do you suggest I backtest my strategy utilizing intraday options selling/buying? if not ninjatrader/thinkorswim, who??

I've been trying to find these features specifically and i'm having a hard time finding answers, any info is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums jambajuice!

Options are not supported with NinjaScript at this time. Only manual trading in the Option Chain and Order Entry window are supported.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Then who does offer this?

Comment

Hello jambajuice,

I would not be in a position to recommend another platform, but we'll leave the thread open for community feedback.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand, thank you

Comment

I search the forum and I find only, most recent, this topic about what I want some help.

I know that we can see the Options chain in Ninja.
            But i ask some questions about this topic.

I have a strategy example, in SPY and when generate a buy signal I want that the Ninja Buy some specific Strike Option (that I can suggest in some day or month) and when close... close the Options. Also, of course when generate a sell signal buy some other specific Option.

This is possible easy to do? This is, I have the strategy in SPY and is easy to development a script to send the signal for specific Option?
            Some of you know if that is possible?
            I think with some second seral could be??... but order option... ??

If not, I apologies Ninja but some of you know some software to do that?
            Or someone could implement this (I pay)? Some guy or vendor?

Many thanks

Comment

Hello jmagaia,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify what you mean by "when close... close the Options"?

You can have the strategy run on a SPY chart but execute trades on another instrument. You can add the additional data series to your strategy via AddDataSeries().

AddDataSeries - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dataseries.htm

Use a BarsInProgress check to specify which Bars object you want to submit the order to.

BarsInProgress - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...inprogress.htm

If you would like someone to code this for you, you can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
              You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
              Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
                Hello jmagaia,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify what you mean by "when close... close the Options"?

You can have the strategy run on a SPY chart but execute trades on another instrument. You can add the additional data series to your strategy via AddDataSeries().

AddDataSeries - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dataseries.htm

Use a BarsInProgress check to specify which Bars object you want to submit the order to.

BarsInProgress - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...inprogress.htm

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Thank you for your suggestion.
                In real I want use a strategy like in SPY (already elaborated).

When the Strategy generate a buy I want that automatically the Ninja send a signal to buy a Specific call.
                When signal be generate is a BUY I want buy some specific Options (example, one " SPY Mar 2024 460.000 call"​ and when SPY Strategy said close, automatically close de Call.

Thanks also for the suggestions to use "additional data series".

Well, if someone know that something already done for Ninja I appreciate to know.
                Also, if someone know this my idea in another program language, let me know. It is more easy to use or translate some strategy that already worked.

BUT...
                NinjaTrader_Gaby;n1290139]

Why your company not work in a script/strategy, that is possible to.. only... insert the "name of the strategy" in some "cell" or "open fill" (like when I insert the instrument) ... and in another "cell"/filed the specific name the Options write only example "SPY Mar 2024 460.000 call​".
                I think this is new, original??? And could be a "plus" for Ninja???
                Of course ... after improve with possibilities to test and other thing could be create later.

Well... some idea.

Comment

Hello,

I am not clear on what you mean by inserting the name of the strategy in a "cell"? Could you describe what you mean by a cell? Do you mean attaching the strategy to a manually opened position?

I look forward to your response.
                  Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cls71
                  by cls71