Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Develop from Visual Studio, but without restarting NT on every change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Develop from Visual Studio, but without restarting NT on every change

When we build an indicator or addon (which has .xaml and resource files embedded, or even contains code that is compatible to higher CLR versions, than NT-editor's CLR) with it's own .sln file, then on every rebuild we have to restart NT to load up the newly generated DLL.
    What is the easier way to develop addon/indicator, that loads different XAML/resource files, but on file change/resave, only NinjaScript editor recompiled and thus, no need to generate DLL and restart NT.
    Should I solve that just inputing the correct absolute paths for resource-files inside myaddon.cs?
    Last edited by ttodua; 05-07-2022, 04:12 PM.

Hello ttodua,

If you are importing a dll from Tools -> Import -> NInjaScript, this should be available as soon as it is imported.

With xaml, any changes would require closing and re-opening the window to reload the xaml.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

to ask in other words, I dont mean opening VS project of `/document/nt8/bin/custom/NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj`, but i mean, when addons/indicators are made as a separate dll (with it's own VS project) and later compiled as DLL, when they make a change in a file, then they have to rebuild the .dll (which is then copied into `custom` folder) and doesn't it need also restart of NT to re-load that custom dll? or is there any way, so new dll's can be seen & recompiled by NT editor, like a typical .cs file change is being detected and recompiled instanteneously? I knew that it was not possible with dlls...
      Last edited by ttodua; 05-09-2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Hello ttodua,

That would be out the realm of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support. The supported method would be to import the dll from Tools -> Import -> NinjaScript Addon. The support approach would not require restarting NinjaTrader.

I will not be able to assist with the unsupported approach of manually placing files in the file system.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes