Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to access variable between NT windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access variable between NT windows?

Hi,
    I am creating AddOn using sample provided by NT using Visual Studio and creating dll.
    I have added a checkbox to AddOnFramework new window created through through the sample. After clicking the checkbox, I would like to disable BUY button on Basic Entry window.
    Currently I can disable buy button when window is created but would like to disable it using checkbox which is in a different window.
    Please help.

Hi aqilkhan1974, can you give an example script of what you have so far so I can test it on my PC? Please Export what you have so far:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to enable/disable trading buttons in BasicEntry window from the AddOn Window checkbox click event. See screen shot.
      I can enable/disable while basic entry window is loading inside OnWindowCreated() event.

I cannot export script the way you requested since I am doing VS development and deploying .dll to NT.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not aware of any supported way of doing this, nor would we recommend disabling any buttons that come with the platform. The subject here is mainly focused in WPF code, so you would need to research how one would do this through WPF programmatically with C#. This is, unfortunately, would be out of the scope of support we can provide. The closest example that I have is an addon that can get all charts an indicators in the workspace. This would be the first step in accessing basic entry windows in the workspace:

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chris for the reply and link to related article. Below code referenced by ChelseaB in the post really helped.

Code:
          foreach (Window window in Globals.AllWindows) { NTWindow w = (NTWindow)window; window.Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(new Action(() => { if (!w.Caption.Contains("Chart")) return; TabControl tc = w.FindFirst("ChartWindowTabControl") as TabControl; if (tc == null) return; foreach (TabItem ti in tc.Items) { ChartControl tabChartControl = (ti.Content as ChartTab).ChartControl; if (ti.IsSelected) tabChartControl.InvalidateVisual(); } })); }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade