Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Hide settings in PriceLevels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide settings in PriceLevels

I've created a drawing tool based on a built-in tool that contains PriceLevels code.
    I would like to hard code certain levels and block them from being seen/altered in the properties of the tool. If I could disable access to the properties of the tool altogether, that would be great, but not necessary. These levels are located in the State.SetDefaults area, and I've already removed the (State == State.Configure) section. But they still show when the user opens the tool properties.
    Thanks for any assistance.

Hello robertcooney,

The price levels are added dynamically.

You could use custom logic in the PriceLevelTypeConverter to remove certain indexes in the collection..
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. I read through that article and the TypeConverter link (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN).
      Unfortunately it is a bit over my head.

Comment

Hello robertcooney,

What you are wanting to do would be extremely complex and would require very advanced custom c# code.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

The most likely place the custom logic would go is in the PropertyDescriptorCollection override when checking if the property is a Value, some custom logic here would check the index of the collection and remove items from the collection for certain indexes.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes