Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Annoying NT text editor message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
    Hello fut_practic,

Thanks for your note.

Note that Ctrl+S doesn't compile a script. To compile a script, you would need to click the Compile button or right-click in the script and click Compile.

I went to import the zip you previously shared but I was unable to import it and got the message that the NinjaScript was made from an older, incompatible version of NinjaTrader. Also, I can see that this was not exported from the NinjaTrader platform. That said, I was only able to manually import the scripts.

Please upgrade your platform using the instructions below and test again for the behavior you are reporting. Does the behavior occur if you comment out lines 100-129?

If you are able to reproduce the behavior, export the scripts by navigating to Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn and share the exported zip with us so we may test it on our end. Also, share the exact steps taken to reproduce the issue.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    I look forward to assisting further.
    I use the latest NT
    Scripts was not imported, they was zipped
    Of course Ctrl+S doesn't compile anything, but NT editor shows stupid warning message related to commented code about recursion that doesn't exist. And this is the pain.

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

Thanks for your note.

I understand that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.25.0.

You would need to export the script from the NinjaTrader platform instead of manually adding the scripts to a .zip file. Please export the scripts by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn and send us the newly exported .zip file so we may further investigate.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
        Hello fut_practic,

Thanks for your note.

I understand that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.25.0.

You would need to export the script from the NinjaTrader platform instead of manually adding the scripts to a .zip file. Please export the scripts by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn and send us the newly exported .zip file so we may further investigate.

Make any changes to indicator or strategy, then Ctrl+S or try to compile unsaved file

PropErrors.zip
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

Thanks for your note.

After further testing, I am able to reproduce the behavior that you are reporting.

We are currently tracking this in an internal ticket and will reach out as soon as we have more information from the development team.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

Thanks for your patience.

The NinjaTrader development team has looked into the issue in question and a fix for this will be implemented in the next version release of NinjaTrader (8.0.26.0).

When the next version is released, you could find information about the fixes in the Release Notes section of the Help Guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa  
            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes