Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rounded numbers from print statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounded numbers from print statement

Hi Folks,

Newbee question: I want to express one value in relation to another as a percentage. When testing this in the output window I get rounded numbers only, either 1 or 0.

The variable I tried is both double and float but output stays the same, the statement is below:

_50PercDelta = (barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume + barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].MinSeenDelta) / barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume;

What am I missing here?

Hello Diepy,

Thanks for your post.

We are seeing the result of integer math being assigned to a double because you are performing mathematical operations on integers and assigning the result to a double.

You could consider casting (publicly available resource) the integers to type double, and we will then see a result from floating point arithmetic.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim, that makes sense.

So double would be fine for my purposes and I figured I would alter the statement like below.

_50PercDelta = Convert.ToDouble((barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume + barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].MinSeenDelta)/ barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume)

The output window still shows rounded numbers though, anything I am missing still?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Diepy,

You are still performing math on integers, getting a result from integer math, AND THEN you are converting to a double, and assigning to the double variable.

Try casting the integers before performing the math. I.E.

((double)(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume) + (double)(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].MinSeenDelta) / (double)(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume;

OR

(Convert.ToDouble(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume) + Convert.ToDouble(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].MinSeenDelta) / Convert.ToDouble(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].TotalVolume;
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim, I see I was a too lazy programmer :-) Your suggestion did the trick, thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred