Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Instrument list for Options Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument list for Options Contracts

I would like to develop a new indicator utilizing real time options contracts volume. Are equity options available in the instrument list or is there a work around available where I can map to specific options contracts into a new indicator and have that indicator visualized on a NT8 chart?

Hello Ham Sandwich,

Thanks for your question.

At this time, Options are not yet supported for NinjaScript access.

Options symbols are also not included with Instrument Lists. The symbols would be loaded from when an Order Entry window is linked to the Option Chain window.

How to link an Order Entry window with the Option Chain window - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...derentrywindow
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. is this under development or is it possible to request development of this functionality? Just to be clear, the order entry with options is not a work around is it? I don't believe that what you sent me would be able to help create an indicator utilizing options volume data, correct?

Comment

Hello Ham Sandwich,

Correct, Order Entry with Options Chain is not a work around, I just wanted to illustrate how Options tickers are loaded and used in the platform.

NinjaScript Options support is not under active development, but we have added your vote to the feature request tacking interest behind that functionality Ticket ID: SFT-4404. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. As such we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

You can also ADD my Vote.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Quant Scientist!

Your vote has been added.

Comment

Hi Jim, I would like to add my vote to access options with Ninjascript. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post techgetgame  
              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sephichapdson