Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Agile.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Agile.net

Hi
    I just bought agile .net to protected my code. How does other people used it. It seem Like you can't just add it to your chart.. it in the ninjascript assembly but I can't add it to the chart..
    thank you

Hello SuperDude123,

A client that received your file would not have to do anything.

On your end you would need to have opened Agile.NET once and inserted the license.

If the license is not applied on your end before you export the script, the client running the script will get an error that agile is expired.

You may want to check the Log tab of the Control Center to see if you are getting errors.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for replying
      Once clients import it to their ninja account. Don't they need to apply that to the chat like how ninja scripts add on does?

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

Addon scripts are not added to chart. These typically run in their own window.
        Indicators and Strategies are applied to a chart.

What type of script have you created?

Comment

I made a strategies that auto trade nq future. I export it as assembly. But when I sent it to my clients how do they used it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

A NinjaScript Strategy can be applied to a chart or backtested in the Strategy Analyzer.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates how to enable a strategy.
            NinjaTrader's Strategy Builder empowers traders of all levels with point-and-click automated trading strategy development. Create your own advanced automated...

Comment

Yes that I know. I'm asking when I encrypt my strategy with agile.net and sent it to my clients. How do they apply that to the chart? How do they use it. Once I encrypt it, it doesn't show up on the strategies list. I email agile and they say to ask ninja. I don't know where to go.

All I'm asking is can you tell me step by step on how do I use algie.net to encrypt ninja strategies and sent it to my clients and how do the apply then to their ninja account.

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

Applying obfuscation to an assembly dll does not change how to run a strategy. It makes the dll very hard to de-obfuscate and decompile.

It also does not apply licensing. It doesn't change how the user will use the script at all.

Strategies are still enabled on a chart or in the Strategy Analyzer.

Step by step:
                Import the script, Tools -> Import -> NinjaScript Addon -> select the script -> click Open
                Connect to a data feed or broker from the Connections menu
                Open a chart, New -> Chart -> select an instrument -> click add -> click OK
                Right-click the chart -> select Strategies -> select the strategy from the Available list on the upper left -> click add -> check the Enabled checkbox on the right -> click OK

The steps are shown in the video link I have provided you. These are not different because a script has obfuscation applied to prevent the script from being decompiled.

Comment

That run the same way we import ninja script add on
                  what about exporting it? How that step work because I follow exporting it but when I try to import it, it doesn't show on ninja script. I did find it in remove from assembly

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

When exporting, if Agile.NET has been installed, opened, and the license inserted, you can check the 'Protect compiled assemblies' checkbox in the Export window.

Below is a link to a forum post with steps to export a script.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...83#post1121183

If a script is not listing in the Strategies window, this would indicate an issue in OnStateChange() or in the Constructor.

Are there any errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Strategies window?

Comment

Thank you for helping. When client try to add it to chart, it won't show up in strategies. But it's in remove assembly. Here I attach pictures
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

This addressed in post #10.

If a script is not listing in the Strategies window, this would indicate an issue in OnStateChange() or in the Constructor.

Please confirm, are there any errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Strategies window?

May I also confirm, before exporting the script you have inserted your license into Agile.NET?
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-10-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Yes all key is insert then I go to export my bot with the assembly. Sent it to my clients, he then import it but it won't show in his strategies. But it's in remove assembly.

Comment

Hello SuperDude123,

I fully understand the script has been imported and is showing in the Remove NinjaScript Assemblies list but is not showing in the Strategies window.

As previously stated, if a script is not listing in the Strategies window, this would indicate an issue in OnStateChange() or in the Constructor.

To move forward, I will need you to provide the information requested in post #10 and in post #12.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post PaulMohn  
                            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes