Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order Flow Volume Profile Docs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile Docs?

Hello,

Can someone point me to the docs for the Orderflow Volume Profile? I see Order Flow Cumulative Delta, Order Flow Volumetric Bars, and Order Flow VWAP but I can't seem to find the methods for the Orderflow Volume Profile.

I'm looking to identify the top and bottom of the value range and the point of control.

I am coding this by hand.

Thank you.

Hello coopgrafik,

Thanks for your post.

The Order Flow Volume Profile does not provide ninja script access to its methods and properties.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul, is there a reason for that? It seems like a pretty critical tool for trading. Any future plans?

Comment

Hello coopgrafik,

Thanks for your reply.

Ultimately it would be a decision by program management to determine the best utilization of resources for the numerous feature requests and future projects and ongoing software support.

I have taken the liberty to add your vote to an existing feature request identified as SFT-3402, "OF+ Volume Profile values programmatic access".

Feature Request Disclaimer
        We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
        When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
        Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Thanks for the background, Paul. I'm the founder of an ad tech SaaS so I'm familiar with the complexities of software development and roadmap management. With that said I'm sure you can understand that it seems unusual to have just one of the many indicators, NinjaTrader offers left out of the NinjaScript library. Especially when there are people who solely trade against the Volume Profile. It's such an important indicator that you have to pay $1,000 for the lifetime license to get it (worth it).

I'm happy to have my vote counted. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hi, I also want my vote to count for this cause.

Thank you
            Last edited by dyst12; 08-30-2021, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
              Hello coopgrafik,

Thanks for your reply.

Ultimately it would be a decision by program management to determine the best utilization of resources for the numerous feature requests and future projects and ongoing software support.

I have taken the liberty to add your vote to an existing feature request identified as SFT-3402, "OF+ Volume Profile values programmatic access".

Feature Request Disclaimer
              We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
              When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
              Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
              Do I have to do anything else to make the vote count for SFT-3402, "OF+ Volume Profile values programmatic access"?

Thanks

Comment

Hello dyst12,

Thanks for your post.

Your vote has been added.

Comment

Hey Paul, following on on this to see if there's any progress.

Ninjatrader knows that the volume profile is important because they only give you access if you spend a $1,000 on a lifetime license. It's a huge disappointment to not have something like the VPOC, TPOC, and Value Area accessible via NinjaScript.

If there's no new news would you happen to know of a third part indicator that would provide access to the TPOC?

It's great to have access to all the oscillators and so on but EMA crossover strategies aren't going to cut it these days. I'm hoping to hear there's some movement on this feature as it's available on the other trading platforms. I'm feeling short sheeted.

Comment

Hello coopgrafik,

Thanks for your note.

We do not have any updates regarding this feature request at this time.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                    • Feasibility
                    • Developer bandwidth
                    • Current projects in the queue
                    • Economics
                    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

I am also not aware of any third-party indicators that provide access to TPOC. That said, you could browse the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share page linked below for an indicator that accomplishes this.

User App Share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

This thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights.

Let me know if I may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes