Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

3rd Party Indicator Question - Trade Copier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party Indicator Question - Trade Copier

Hi NinjaTrader Community!
    I have one interesting question about 3rd party indicators.
    We want to use one of bought Trade Copier for our trades. (This indicator copy the trade from your account (PC#1) and paste it to another account (PC#2) So, You are in the trade with 2 different computers, 2 different accounts, and you can manage the trade LIVE on both computers (Means your stop will be moved on PC #2 at the same time as you move it on PC#1)
    And we have a security question.
    How we can be sure, that our trades was copied only to our PC#2 (Not others, that developer could have added without notifying us: PC#3....PC#n) And, how we can be sure, that indicator doesn't take any screenshots, or withdraw the data from our the computer to another ones? Files, Logs etc. And, additionally to that, our PC#2 info, like: account name, PNL, Performance etc. ? (Without looking at source code and without looking at Script Output?)

PS: If anyone has any info about this type of indicator, that can transfer orders through the internet to other PC LIVE, with ability to move stops / targets - please tell me. Maybe there is an open source solution.

Hello Againmain1, thanks for your post.

The script will need to be open source to know exactly how it is behaving. If you run a third party DLL within the NinjaTrader system, you must ensure that the DLL comes from a trusted source.
    If you are unsure if the developer is doing malicious things with their product, do not use it. If the indicator is not open source, then you would need to study the output of the program in any way possible to know if it is doing anything malicious.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Againmain1 View Post
      Hi NinjaTrader Community!
      I have one interesting question about 3rd party indicators.
      We want to use one of bought Trade Copier for our trades. (This indicator copy the trade from your account (PC#1) and paste it to another account (PC#2) So, You are in the trade with 2 different computers, 2 different accounts, and you can manage the trade LIVE on both computers (Means your stop will be moved on PC #2 at the same time as you move it on PC#1)
      And we have a security question.
      How we can be sure, that our trades was copied only to our PC#2 (Not others, that developer could have added without notifying us: PC#3....PC#n) And, how we can be sure, that indicator doesn't take any screenshots, or withdraw the data from our the computer to another ones? Files, Logs etc. And, additionally to that, our PC#2 info, like: account name, PNL, Performance etc. ? (Without looking at source code and without looking at Script Output?)

PS: If anyone has any info about this type of indicator, that can transfer orders through the internet to other PC LIVE, with ability to move stops / targets - please tell me. Maybe there is an open source solution.
      Good reading here and here.

I know of the 3 trade copiers that work on the same PC, and only 1 product
      that works across the internet. (None of these are open source. See the
      second link above for my post on these 4 products.)

Hint: Check out Speedy Trading Servers "Network Replicator" product.

If you are technically competent, and familiar with networks and TCP/IP, you
      could setup a network protocol analyzer, such as WireShark, and watch the
      packet communications as the trade replicator sends updates across the
      network.

This should give you a pretty clear idea of what communications the replicator
      is sending & receiving. The source & destination IP addresses involved in these
      communications should be just the ones known to you, ie, PC#1 and PC#2.
      Last edited by bltdavid; 02-15-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      4 responses
      1 like
      Last Post jgualdronc