Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market-On-Open orders via DLL/ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market-On-Open orders via DLL/ATI

Hello,

I'm sending an order via DLL/ATI interface from a C# app to Ninja which is connected to Interactive Brokers. IB has a nice time in force option called "Market-On-Open". They set their order.Tif="OPG" and the order is submitted the moment the market opens. Can someone tell me if it's possible to submit such Tifs using Ninja's DLL/ATI? Will it pass through down to Interactive Brokers with that Tif if I just put "OPG" into the PLACE command?

A Market-on-Open order is a market order with the submitted at market open and fills at the market price

Hello CarpetHooligan,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does not support Market-on-Open orders, unfortunately and you'd get an error should you try to submit an order with this TIF. It would not pass through to IB. You could mimic this functionality by simply sending a market order right before the open, however.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Can this feature be added, or could there be suggestion how to code and add this feature using add on?

Comment

Separately from NinjaTrader, you also could send the order straight to IB using their TWS API. It has a C# interface as well.

You don't mention what exchange or security class this is for, and what you can do in this regard varies by the type of security and exchange.

However, if you submit a market buy/sell "DAY" order (fully NinjaTrader supported) the same day but before the open as NinjaTrader_Kate points out, that is the same thing for some types of instrument, so you may be doing a lot of work and gaining nothing in terms of functionality.

From an Interactive Brokers perspective (think of how you put these orders into TWS) for instance for an equity instrument if you don't check the "Fill Outside RTH" or "Allow Pre-Open" checkboxes under TIF and submit a DAY order it is RTH only so a DAY market order placed any time before the open is market-on-open.

You should try it on simulation and see if it works the way you want it to. Maybe you don't have to do a bunch of extra work to do this, depending on what you are trading.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

hey,

i trade in common stocks in NASDAQ, and want to use OPG (as TIF), this guarantees to match the opening price and doesn't have fluctuation and low volume of of pre market hours.
          Market order is not the same as OPG order and I sometimes get a different price from Open price. Hope it clarifies

Comment

I see. Thank you for clarifying.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello gbajaj,

The existing feature request for Market-on-open orders is tracked with ID # SFT-4864.

I will add your vote to this request.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Balage0922  
              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
              0 responses