Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Performance Metric script for Strategy Perf. > Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Performance Metric script for Strategy Perf. > Analysis

Is it possible to add a custom Performance Metric for the Strategy Performance > Analysis widow? I know it is possible for the Summary page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strat Perf 2020-03-03_13-39-23.png
Views:	336
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1089238
    Thanks.
    zacwhitesi
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Hello zacwhitesi,

Unfortunately custom performance metrics cannot be added on the Analysis page and can only be added to the Summary page.

Please let me know if you would like me to submit a feature request in for this.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like this feature. I could add a performance metric and then use the filters between winning and losing trades to quickly figure out if that metric has an impact on winning or losing.

Comment

Hello spyfish,

Thanks for your note.

We are currently tracking interest for this in an internal feature request and I have added your vote.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5611.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello spyfish,

Thanks for your note.

We are currently tracking interest for this in an internal feature request and I have added your vote.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5611.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

hi i would like to add a vote to SFT-5611.

thanks

Comment

Hello luquelicud,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote for this feature request.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Is it possible to add a performance metric that tracks trades by session and not just by a 24hr period? I find it strange that in the control center, in the accounts tab, that performance is tracked based on the session but when you go to the Trade Performance window, you are resigned to having trades filtered by a standard calendar day. It doesn't make sense to me if the Monday session starts Sunday that it's not all lumped into the Monday session. If Tuesday's session starts Monday evening, why is it that I can't track metrics for just that session? Maybe there is a way to code something at get around the fact that the accounts tab tracks PnL by session where as the Trade Performance window does not.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Ymcapital,

Thanks for your note.

We are tracking interest for this feature in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4587.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                  Hello Ymcapital,

Thanks for your note.

We are tracking interest for this feature in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4587.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Hey Brandon,

Do you know why this isn't an option or why it's setup this way? It seems counter intuitive that the Accounts tab would be tracking PnL using a session-based rolling window but then the Trade Performance tool would only have the code built in to track things based on a 24 hr window. Is there no alternative workarounds that could allow me to alter the code in some way so that the Trade Performance window showed PnL based on sessions and not day of the week?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Ymcapital,

Thanks for your notes.

This is the way the Development team programmed the Strategy Performance window to function.

There are no alternative supported workarounds that we are aware of at this time.

When/if the feature request is implemented into the NinjaTrader 8 platform, it will be noted on the Release Notes section of the help guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tim-c
                    by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                    0 responses