Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8.0.17.0 Installation Error on Custom Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8.0.17.0 Installation Error on Custom Scripts

Dear Support,

While installing the new version 17, the installation did not complete and reverted back and required compilation of custom scripts. Upon compilation, some scripts that had worked before did not compile with the following errors related to definition of "Path".

I am not sure if this is the case or not but I believe the new 17 version may have deleted or changed the definition for "Path". Similar code changes in version 16 generated compilation errors for one the drawing tools that was working in a prior version and required NT fixings.

Please take a look at the generated errors and advise of an alternative script or definition for the "Path" or lines of code.

Regards,

Attached Files

Hello aligator,

Thank you for the post.

This would be expected as your code is not specific on which Path class you want to use. NT8 comes with a Path tool now, so you will need to specify the namespace here. I posted on this topic already, you can find the details here.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for the post.

This would be expected as your code is not specific on which Path class you want to use. NT8 comes with a Path tool now, so you will need to specify the namespace here. I posted on this topic already, you can find the details here.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
      Thanks Jesse;

Using the the following code worked great.
      System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(...)

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        Dear Support,

While installing the new version 17, the installation did not complete and reverted back and required compilation of custom scripts. Upon compilation, some scripts that had worked before did not compile with the following errors related to definition of "Path".

I am not sure if this is the case or not but I believe the new 17 version may have deleted or changed the definition for "Path". Similar code changes in version 16 generated compilation errors for one the drawing tools that was working in a prior version and required NT fixings.

Please take a look at the generated errors and advise of an alternative script or definition for the "Path" or lines of code.

Regards,

I may have a similar issue to this. I just installed 8.0.17.1 after uninstalling 8.0.16.3. When I attempted to start the 64 bit version of 8.0.17.1 I got the error messages shown in the attached file. When I clicked on the OK box in the two error messages NT8 immediately shut down. I am unable to get this latest version to start. I have reverted back to 8.0.16.3 and it works properly again. There are no compile error messages present in this older version when I manually recompile. Is my issue likely to be related to a third part indicator which is not compatible with the latest NT8 release?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, I don't know that this is related to the original issue reported here however we can try to resolve this and figure out what is happening. Because the platform is shutting down, this may be something imported as you noted so I would suggest doing the following steps.

Exit NinjaTrader
          Try updating again
          Start the platform
          If it crashes, use the following steps to collect the log and trace files and email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance.
          You can then revert back to 8.0.16.3 as you did,

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Our support would need to review the trace files first to see if a specific problem is being reported. This will help point a better direction to troubleshoot.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes