Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Where to Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Sync

I have a mySync() method that compares strategy position with live account positions for a given instrument. Where is the best place to run this?

e.g. if (State == State.Configure)?

Hello delTik,

Thank you for writing in.

If you are wanting to compare your strategy's position to your account position, you wouldn't want to do this in OnStateChange(). OnStateChange() is called only one time per each new state your script enters, so any updates that may have occurred in your strategy/account position won't be seen.

You may want to call your method from OnBarUpdate(); OnBarUpdate() is called whenever a bar is updated. The frequency in which OnBarUpdate is called will be determined by the "Calculate" property.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks zachary.

I intended to just sync once before the strategy starts ... for a given instrument I want to make sure the strategy position qty is the same at the account position(s) qty, if it is then I submit stop/limit orders.

Comment

Hello delTik,

Position.Quantity is not going to be a value other than 0 unless your strategy has taken a position.

If your strategy is allowed to take historical positions, you can call your check in State.Transition. This State occurs after your strategy has finished processing historical data. Doing it here will give you the latest information about your historical strategy position(s) before your strategy moves into Realtime.

Comment

ok I thought there was an option to adopt the account position(s)?

Comment

Hello delTik,

Please take a look at this help guide link for further information about syncing account positions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Note that Adopt account position will only be available if you have programmed your strategy to be aware of the real-world account position. You will need to set IsAdoptAccountPositionAware to true in order for your strategy to be aware of the account position: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...itionaware.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JoMoon2024  
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes