Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

capturing filled orders from manual trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capturing filled orders from manual trades

Hello, I have little programming experience, my question is this: I want my strategy is idle until manually a trader enter an order. This order may be market or limit or stop, but I want the program to detect the exact moment that this order enter to the market (it was filled and become in a position), and take all available information from it (execution price, time, id, lots, buy or sell, etc.). This strategy will serve as an automatic trade manager for manually entered orders.

Thank you!

Hello federicoo,

Thanks for your post.

Your description sounds like what Ninjatrader calls an Advanced Trade Management strategy (ATM). ATM strategies activate (when selected) when an entry order has been filled either on the superdom or the Chart trader. Here is a link to a brief description of ATM strategies: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...m_strategy.htm

Here is a link to the helpguide on an ATM tutorial: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_example_.htm

Regrettably you would not be able to use Ninjascript coded strategies because they would be unaware of an externally (to the strategy) placed order.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My strategy will use pivots levels and some other things ATM does not consider. So, as i understand, there is not way to check for external entered orders filled with ninjascript? I think that if the script is monitoring an instrument, f.e. ES, it should some way to detect when a order is filled in that instrument.

Comment

Hello federicoo,

We noted that this is a duplicate thread, please do not create duplicates of the same issue/question.

In response to your question please see our response here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=76471
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ageeholdings  
        Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes