Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error importing NinjaScript files after upgrade to 7.0.1000.27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error importing NinjaScript files after upgrade to 7.0.1000.27

I just upgraded and could not import any other NinjaScript files... msg said I had programming error but I didn't change anything. So I copied/deleted all custom indicators and strategies from /bin but I still get the same error msg.

Can you please help?

Hello,

We have collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

screen shot of error after upgrading to latest version

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	873466

I didn't create any new indicators after I upgraded. These are just error msg I am getting since I upgraded to 7.0.1000.27

I followed the steps you outlined and every standard indicator doesn't compile. See attached shot
      Last edited by rrasche98; 04-21-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Gotcha. Based on that info, I'm willing to bet you have a corrupt installation after upgrading to Release 27. Please use the steps below to correct this issue:
        • Close all running applications (including NinjaTrader -- this is the most important step).
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Please let me know if you see the same issue after this.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yep, that took care of it! Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Austiner87, Today, 05:02 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Austiner87  
          Started by tonynt, 05-21-2019, 06:27 AM