Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Organizing the Parameters in GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organizing the Parameters in GUI

Hey guys. Is there a way to set the order of the parameter list when it appears in the GUI? It looks like it defaults to alphabetical, but with many parameters doing different things it's not very user friendly in this format.

Also related, is it possible to have a parameter be dependent on another? That is, have a parameter which is a bool which only allows access to another parameter if it's set to true? This is all meant for in the GUI window when a user adds a strategy to a chart (or backtests).

Thanks!

Hello Locke,

Thank you for your post.

Hello Locke,

Thank you for your note.

Using [Gui.Design.DisplayName ("\tMyString")] in the properties you would add \t to the string, the more \t in the string the higher on the parameter list. An indicator that uses this can be found at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=512

To hide the parameters we would need to know the Control that we are accessing. This would be unsupported code but I will look into it further and follow up when I have further information.

Comment

Patrick thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I don't know what you mean by Control. Specifically, I have a 3 parameters called UseTimeConstraints, StartTime, and EndTime. It would be nice if I could have StartTime and EndTime (which are ints) not be shown, or even grayed out and just not accessible unless UseTimeConstraints is set to "true".

This isn't a huge thing, just one of those would be nice things. But you really helped me with the ordering.

Comment

Hello Locke,

I was way off, a user has kindly uploaded an indicator that already does this. You can find their indicator at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=619

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZeroKuhl, Today, 04:31 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZeroKuhl  
        Started by Vulgoth_t_Destroyer, 05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
        54 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Gaterz