Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

multi time series visualization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi time series visualization

Hello All

I am trying to explore the possibility of displaying bars of multi time frames on a chart. On the outset I can understand that it seems illogical as how could the same X axis cater to different time frames of different bars and the only possibility is of multi time series price action calculations via indicators being plotted/ projected on primary bars. However speaking of secondary bars, is there any possibility of plotting them on the same chart. Or is the relationship of bars to chart strictly 1:1. Any ideas how to achieve it or any workarounds. Is the chart also a object within some namespace of ninjtrader that is allowed to be called ..

Thanks in advance.

Hello Blueocean88

Thank you for your post.

In order to display the additional bars you would need to add them to the chart through the DataSeries window.

However, adding these does not mean the script will access them. Adding underlying series to a script will load this data in a cache form to be used, however it is an extra Bars Object that will call OnBarUpdate(), is the only way to access multi-timeframes.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ,

Thank you so much for your reply.

When you say “ Adding underlying series to a script will load this data in a cache form to be used ...”, do you mean to say that “Adding underlying series to a chart will load this data in a cache form to be used ..”. And to access it on the script I will have to call additional Bars objects for the secondary bars through the Add().

Also can you please also tell if the Primary bars will be the first bars object called in the script or will be it be the one which is added first on the chart through data series tab. I guess its determined by script but can you please confirm.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Hello blueocean88,

Thank you for your response.

Instruments and intervals added to the chart are not added to a cache to be used in code. The bar series (whether an additional instrument or interval) will need to be added in code to the strategy or indicator. Then you can call the bar series information.

Adding additional instruments and/or intervals to the chart will only add them to the visual display.

For information on calling multiple series in your code please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

You can find examples in NinjaTrader under Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy > SampleMultiInstrument and SampleMultiTimeFrame.

Comment

Hi,

I was just looking for this Information as I am about to design a MTF indicator, where I would like to visualise the indicator of each bar series as well.

So I have to apply the MTF indicator to the Primary series which adds the remaining time Frames in Initialize(), and additionally for visualisation I have to add single-time Frame indicators on the Chart on the other bar series as well.

It is a bit a waste of Memory, but I reckon to Support anything like MTF indicators which can visualise in each bar series of the Chart would represent a Major design Change of the platform.

Cheers,
          Martin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, 05-04-2024, 03:21 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
          39 responses