Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Autostart auto-restart of NT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostart auto-restart of NT.

Is there any way to autostart or restart NT?

Basically, the MB Trading software disconnects every night (and might disconnect at other times). Is there anyway to have NT shut down and restart when that occurs?

Or can I have a scheduled time each morning when NT starts and connects to MBTrading, eSignal, and starts running my auto strategy?

Sincerely,
    Wayne

Unfortunately this is not currently supported. We will add it to the list of future considerations. Thanks.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wayne

Check out a freeware program called AutoIT.

Other Articles You May Like AutoIt Script Editor AutoIt Downloads AutoIt Scripting Language

It is very powerful and allows you to automate many tasks under Windows. You can record mouse movements/clicks and keystrokes for replay - like the old recorder that came with the earliest versions of Windows - or write macro routines completely in the scritpting language.

I have not tried to use it for this specific task (restarting/reconnecting Ninja, I have the same trouble with MB) but I am pretty sure you could get it to do what you need. I used to use it to stay logged into a trading chatroom so that I could record the sessions while away from the PC.

Please share your experiences if you try this and work something out! I haven't had the time to get around to it yet, it's on the list somewhere. ;-)

Gains

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mintos, 04-02-2024, 08:22 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes